Revit Modifiers

addesigns

So... If I understand correctly the Layer Modifiers only allows you to make a modifier for walls. So that the different phases can go onto different layers when being exported?

From all I have read online that is the only example I can find.

I want to know if there is a way to make a brace that is part of the structural framing family come in on a different layer that we use instead of the BEAM layer that we have. Is this possible? Also, to have different text all export to the TEXT layer and not create new layers titled TEXT-TEXT-1 and TEXT-TEXT-2 and so fourth.

• 9 months later...

As I understand, there is no layer assigned in Revit. Instead you can use 'Work Set's.

When exporting the project to AutoCAD, you can use a matching table to convert 'Work Set's to 'Layers'.

Also any 'Type' (i.e. any type of Walls, Doors, Windows, etc) can be sent to a matching 'Layer'.

Worksets should not be used in that manner. That's not what they were intended for.

Modifiers can be assigned to categories and types, individually and globally, not just walls.

You can assign layers in the Modify DWG/DXF Export Setup dialog box. Modifiers are assigned there also. Get to the Modify DWG/DXF Export Setup dialog box by clicking on the ellipses (three dots) in the upper left hand corner of the DWG Export dialog box, right next to the Select Export Setup drop down list.

I'll have to do a bit of experimentation to give you an answer on the text part.

Quick test results for your text question:

All my text went to same layer but it was a simple drawing that I was working with.

Did you meant styles instead of layers? That's something that is not controllable, AFAIK.

So... If I understand correctly the Layer Modifiers only allows you to make a modifier for walls. So that the different phases can go onto different layers when being exported?
Layer Modifiers for the export to DWG process isn't just isolated to walls, you can assign them to anything AFAIK. The real question is this: do you really need to build a detailed set of assigned DWG layer mapping?