View change in model

pBe

Why my display change to "Z" or something else rather than what it was before when switching from paper to model space?

I'm kinda a new user on Civil 3D or 2013 for that matter. :)

That was the first thing tried murph_map, I remember vaguely the first time i open an existing file [civil 3d 2013], a dialog appeared stating something like "blah blah blah.. display..." i inadvertently choose the wrong answer, so when i switch to model form paper, the display is NOT the view i left it before. i know its was on plan view, but the display shows the "Z" on the icon as front.

What i did was go back to my good 'ol 2009 , but now i'm just curious what happened, the dialog never appeared again even resetting the profile has no effect.

Thank for your reply kind sir

That was the first thing tried murph_map, I remember vaguely the first time i open an existing file [civil 3d 2013], a dialog appeared stating something like "blah blah blah.. display..." i inadvertently choose the wrong answer, so when i switch to model form paper, the display is NOT the view i left it before. i know its was on plan view, but the display shows the "Z" on the icon as front.

What i did was go back to my good 'ol 2009 , but now i'm just curious what happened, the dialog never appeared again even resetting the profile has no effect.

Thank for your reply kind sir

Sounds like you're in a Custom View (i.e., non-orthographic)... Try the View Menu, 3D Views Menu, and select Top.

This *should* restore you to the appropriate view, particularly for Civil 3D, as both Profile Views and Section Views are 2D projections in Top view of you 3D model... If you keep seeing this view change, then you have another issue (UCS, etc.).

Cheers