Create 3d solid from 3d surfaces

joao56777

Hi,

I'm a mechanical engineer and i work in construction area. Currently i'm working in a dam (barrage) in portugal, and i can't do measure of massproperties (volume) of an block (concrete).

I need to calculate all the volume of concrete that i need to do that block.

What i do is, copy the bonderies of the dam and paste on side of the real draw (you can see in drawing). Because the growing of the dam is not equal (the width and lenght is not the same in every block) i need to use the loft to calculate the volume. But first i need to erase all the surfaces that growing on his sides. I erase all surfaces and calculate the gross volume, and then, separatly i add all the exterior surfaces.

But, i think that i'm doing something that is not right because i do the EXPLODE the polylines, and then SKRETCH to intercept the two sides. I think that when i do the skretch to unite the polylines is not follow the path, and with the loft can see that the grid is not the same (please check).

There must be another way to unit the two polylines to follow the path. I tried to get the angle of the arc of the side the dam, and made a new arc, instead put together two polilynes. But i cant get the radius.

I try to Attached the file, but he had more than 1Mb.

Coud you help me? I really need help to make the measuring. Please

Are you using the massprop command to calculate volumes? It works on the solid in your drawing.

To create a solid from surfaces use the surfsculpt command. You must define a watertight volume when using this command. The prismatic shape in your first object does not have ends so it cannot be converted to a solid (if that is what you are trying to do).

Are you using the massprop command to calculate volumes? It works on the solid in your drawing.

To create a solid from surfaces use the surfsculpt command. You must define a watertight volume when using this command. The prismatic shape in your first object does not have ends so it cannot be converted to a solid (if that is what you are trying to do).

Yes, i'm using the massprop command. I can't use the command loft in block and extrude in anothers surfaces and then use the command UNION to join all solids?

You already asked this question, and attached the same drawing, in a previous thread dated 27-Nov-2014. There is no need to repeat it.

You also got a detailed reply, by Philippe Joseph, over at the CADforum along with five drawing files (bloco5-1.dwg - bloco5-5.dwg) that basically solved the problem for you. Was there something wrong with his solution?

You already asked this question, and attached the same drawing, in a previous thread dated 27-Nov-2014. There is no need to repeat it.

You also got a detailed reply, by Philippe Joseph, over at the CADforum along with five drawing files (bloco5-1.dwg - bloco5-5.dwg) that basically solved the problem for you. Was there something wrong with his solution?

There is any problem, its all good. I only asked because i have doubt for make a solid like this way. But its ok.

Thanks for all

Philippe explained what he did in his reply to your similarly worded thread at the CADforum. You can always ask followup questions if you don't understand something.