Looking for love in all the wrong places...

LibertyOne

Hi everyone,

I'm looking for 3D blocks of TFT displays. They have to be royalty free and just be a basic model without high detail. I need to create a 3D model of a workspace and just an empty desk and chair is not cutting it.

If anyone could point me in the right direction or post it here I would be very grateful. I'm looking for a 24" display and if there is even a 47" display out there, I'm looking for that for display purposes.

Thanks in advance!

Why don't you just draw it yourself? How difficult can that be?

I'd model mine on the Apple Thunderbolt. Sleek design. Call it the Orange Clap to avoid copyright infringement.

Try looking over at TurboSquid. I think I saw a couple of TFT displays for free.

ReMark was reading my mind.

First off I think it would do you good to try and model it yourself. It's a simple model to attempt and would be good practice. Choose a monitor brand you like have a look at a number of photos from different angles and have a go at it. Remember you don't have to get it perfect and model every single detail to make the overall workspace scene look good.

On the other hand turbosquid is always a great place to get models. Try doing a search there and see what you get. I don't see why you would limit your search to just tft monitors? Why not an lcd monitor? Try just using "monitor" as your search term and you should get more results to choose from.

I'm not sure anyone could tell the difference between a TFT, LCD or LED monitor unless one were say say specifically which monitor it is that they modeled. It's a generic monitor that is going to be used inside of a 3D model. That's it or am I missing something here LibertyOne?

Thanks for the tips, ReMark and MSasu. Looks like I will be doing it myself.

Honestly, I don't really want to register myself all over the dang internet, just for one block/cell. I've looked all morning and always came to a site that wanted me to register with them.

We use special software for designing all our layouts (3D-objects: walls, windows, doors, etc.). I was able to get all the furniture and lighting in 3D dwg from the manufacturer, so I thought geting a generic TFT display would be no problem.

So off to the drafting board...

Well it's not like the sites we mentioned are going to start bombarding you with Black Friday sales offers. LoL And who knows, a week from now you may come looking for another 3D block and we'll post all the same resources all over again. You really want us to work that hard? You are one tough customer. Laughing

So...I changed my mind again... :lol: ...went with the Czech site that I've stumbled across many other times and which SLW210 listed. (Thanks SLW210) Ended up downloading the ACER TFT.

The monitors fit nicely...

CAD-Platz.jpg

Time is money, ReMark...even more in the Heart of Swabia. We're doing this office plan for ourselves and every second counts. But I'll be doing the big 47" displays in the meeting room from scratch.

You're working on your own office plan? If time is money I'd leave out such frills as monitors, potted plants and a coffee maker, etc. and concentrate on desks, chairs, partitions, and walls then. You are just "gilding the lily" as they say.

Walls, windows and doors in walls and the partition walls were done with a MicroStation add-on called TriCAD. Normally we use the conveyor module and steel platform module for our normal work, but now we have the Plant Layout Module which allows adding dynamic walls, windows, doors. There are furniture cells as well, but like I posted before I imported our furniture direct from the manufacturer.