using more than one visibility state

Not a spammer

Hello,

Does anyone know if you can make a dynamic block with more than one visibility state parameter.

I know you can have a visibility state and multiple states under the one grip but i want to include additional grips to be able to add or delete other items.

I have attached the block i am trying to make work. It is a portable classroom with hallway attached. I need to be able to select between a left and right classroom door and then have the ability to decide whether i want double doors on one end of the hall or the other or none at all and to be able to show an opening in the end wall of the hallway as well.

PORTABLE BLOCK.dwg

Any help would be great!!! I tried making the doors and end wall their own dynamic blocks but once you put them into the main block the grips do not show up unless you explode it.....

Welcome to Cadtutor

There is a long thread in the Autodesk Dynamic Block forums. I don't know what the current status is, but basically there was a way, then when a new version of AutoCAD came out, it no longer worked, and then I think they were trying to figure out how to make it work again. I don't know what the timeline is, but if you read through it, you should know whether it will or won't work with your version.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/dynamic-blocks/you-gotta-try-visibility-add-eng-v1-1/m-p/2521041/highlight/true#M10102

sort of what nestly has said - out of the box, no. There are add-ins and tricks to emulate more than one state but the ones I have tried were either too difficult to use or too difficult to set up. In the end I prefered to keep multiple blocks.

When I get to work on Tuesday I'll try to remember to see if 2014 has the ability but I suspect not.

Hey,

Thanks guys. I knew there would be a thread on dynamic blocks but when i searched it just went to other people threads. I will try the lisp routine even though it seems pretty intense.

If it end up working in 2014 let me know and i will get that loaded. If not it seems like it might be easier to just do them in an earlier version of Cad and insert them.

I thought i was going crazy yesterday trying to figure this out. When i went to tech school i learned on earlier versions and i was sure it worked.

Cheers,

Tyler

PS. a little background on the name. The name i first chose, "oTTo" is apparently a spammer The site told me to pick a new name. If i really was a spammer you would think that this new name "not a spammer" would be blocked before "otto" but i guess not.

Looks like a really great site, surprised i haven't stumbled upon it earlier!

PS. a little background on the name. The name i first chose, "oTTo" is apparently a spammer The site told me to pick a new name. If i really was a spammer you would think that this new name "not a spammer" would be blocked before "otto" but i guess not.

Probably not the best choice for a user name. Even though it was not blocked by the forum software, it did attract my attention and pulled me into the thread to make sure you really were not a spammer. Anyway, welcome to the forum.