Why do the sills not appear in Isometric views?

mjcturner

Hi everybody,

I'm using AutoCad Architecture 2014, when I view the drawing in an Isometric views the window sills are not visible.

I know how to edit the sill dimensions and the Plan view shows these editions but not the Isometric views.

Can the sills be made visible or is it case of having to apply some artistic imagination?

I've been bamboozled by this for ages.

Hard to tell without a copy of your .dwg file.

Could the Sills be at an elevation that puts them out of view in isometric?

Are you viewing in Model Space or Paper Space?

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for replying to my post, I apologize for taking a while to respond....busy finishing up for the semester.

Hard to tell without a copy of your .dwg file.

Could the Sills be at an elevation that puts them out of view in isometric?

Are you viewing in Model Space or Paper Space?

The sills could be at an elevation that puts them out of view but I don't know where I would edit these properties.

The sills aren't showing in Model or Work space. I would typically be viewing the drawing in Model Space unless preparing to plot, in which case I would be in Layout space.

Probably the ACA Display Manager... which controls how/if objects are displayed in different views.

I see in the ACA Display Manager has "Configurations", "Sets", and "Representations by Object".....not really sure where to go from here?

I see in the ACA Display Manager has "Configurations", "Sets", and "Representations by Object".....not really sure where to go from here?
This would be a good place to start to get familiar with the robust Display System:

http://exchange.autodesk.com/autocadarchitecture/enu/online-help/browse#WS64d9a2f0cce09513e8cfcaf960ef74fc-7fed.htm

Also, you'll want to familiarize yourself with the Style Manager as well, since the Display Manager directly affects items set up in the Style Manager:

http://exchange.autodesk.com/autocadarchitecture/enu/online-help/browse#WS64d9a2f0cce09513a2d083f974daacd9-7fbf.htm

Again, this is a very robust system so remain patient while you let it all soak in. In the meantime, if you could upload or link the file we would be happy to take a look at it to answer your direct needs.

-TZ