Creating a Fillet

bavdeyka

Could you prompt me on how to create an intersection with radius of 3 mm along the edge marked with red arrows? I keep stumbling upon an error:(

Edited by bavdeyka

Well I've got bad news for you. I think the geometry is a bit off and trying to apply a fillet may not work.

How did you create this object in the first place? Did you do it with surfaces?

BadGeometry.JPG

After exploding and erasing I took a closer look at the edge you want to fillet. Something seems amiss (you have a jog in your linework) and unfortunately it appears this way on both edges. Was that intentional?

I think you had a similar problem in another thread of yours. Is this the same drawing we're talking about here?

I tried the FILLET command, using two different options, but it failed.

Edited by ReMark

The drawing in the previous thread is the same edge. When the fillet command failed for the first time I extracted the edge and wanted to sweep the contour and create a smooth transition using boolean extraction. But I failed, though I hurried to write you about the successful result in my previous thread.

My objective is to create a smooth transition along this line for more convienient connection of the details. I don't have any exact requirements for accuracy. So I'd do with just the visual effect of fillet, but I can't achieve even this...

The jog is intentional as I contoured the object in .stl - if I haven't done it then, I'd probably already have driven you nuts with my questions:)

Maybe you have some ideas on how to do it? I'm not a professional in 3D modelling, I just need to create some details for my hobby.

At this moment I have no solution to your problem.

Accuracy and attention to detail is the key to any good drawing. Ever hear the phrase "Garbage In = Garbage Out"? Think of it as building a house on a bad foundation. If the foundation is no good the rest of the house will suffer.

You're welcomed. I will however "sleep" on your problem and perhaps come Wednesday morning I can suggest a way to achieve what you are looking to do. On the other hand maybe someone here will beat me to it in the meantime so do not abandon all hope.

Wish I knew what that was exactly. Oh well.

Back to the problem at hand. Some of your geometry still seems a bit off to me. Is this something you designed completely on your own or did you try your hand at reproducing something you already have in your possession?

ReMark, the object is a future part of the quadcopter frame.

Frankly, I find it a bit difficult to explain it with words)

I contoured an .stl object with a polyline and extruded it. So I designed it myself.

I'd love to do everything in AutoCad, but now I think it might be easier to create a fillet manually on the real model.