AutoCAD Plotting showing hidden lines

addesigns

I am having an issue with AutoCAD 2012. I am trying to plot elevation views of the 3D model. I want it to be black and white and have all the elements behind the walls hidden. I am able to get elements to hide in 1 viewport but it keeps wanting to plot in color.

In another it is plotting in black and white but it is showing all the elements behind the walls. I don't want that. I have been reading and reading on what setting change what but I have no idea how to fix it.

Any ideas. I cant attach any dwgs because it is work stuff and confidentioal

Are you trying to use a CTB to make the plot black & white, or are you using VP color overrides?

Regarding the hidden lines, check each viewport and compare the ShadePlot setting using the Properties Palette. As Displayed/Hidden/Legacy Hidden etc

I think you will need to use the Visual Style Manager but don't adjust the settings from there, drag and drop one or more of the visual styles from the manager to a tool palette. Adjust the settings there until you get what you are after, give it an appropriate name, it will always be there for each drawing.

In your plot window at the top right you have "Plot Style Table (Pen Assignments)" drop down and in it is "Monochrome" and "Grayscale" select one and preview to see which will work best.

The window should be wider than it is tall. If it isn't then use the arrow at the bottom right to expand the window to see this and other options.

This is an easy way to do one time prints, if it is a way you want to print then make a .ctb file so they will always be the same.