Drawing Scale Issues

pdeveritt

Well your 250' line shows up on the Properties palette as being 250'. Scale won't come into play until it is time to plot. Will you be plotting from model space or from a layout using a viewport?

Why are you using architectural units for a site plan?

What size sheet were you planning on plotting this to? And what scale did you have in mind or haven't you decided yet?

The more I play with your drawing the more I get the feeling something isn't quite right.

I think I know what one of those things are. It's your scalelist. I think the values that you are using are wrong. But this would only matter if you were going to make use of a paper space layout and at least one viewport and then plot from there not model space. Is that the idea?

Edited by ReMark

I get the feeling something isn't quite right as well. And a lot of this stuff is a bit over my head. Thanks for all your help.

I will be drawing and dimensioning in model space. I will do one viewport in paper space and then plot it to PDF. Scale does not matter for plotting, we are using this as a marketing material so it does not have to be to scale. I just have to make sure everything lines up 1:1 so that when someone asks for a building with 150' of frontage, I can type in 150' and that is what I get and that is what the dimension says. I will be working in feet and inches.

Right now the lines seem to be drawing properly, but the dimensions are off. I type in 120', the line is 120', but the dimension says 120". No idea why it would do that.

I am attaching the file exactly as I received it. See if that one makes more sense?https://www.dropbox.com/s/1j3vmtiqyl3toy1/Gulfport%20Original.dwg?dl=0

The measurement is 250'

The style override for the dimstyle is appending a foot marker to the dimensions, so it's not 250 inches, it's 250' with an extra "foot" designator added, which makes it look like the dimension is reporting the distance as inches.