Mouse Trap

Netminder

I am currently running Inventor Pro Suite 2013, will upgrade to 2015 next month, and would like to purchase the SpacePilot Pro. How many of you have used this type mouse, what do you think and do you use it as your exclusive mouse or do you use it in conjunction with another mouse? I prefer to use it exclusively and have my other hand free to manipulate drawings, parts, documents, etc.

i would really appreciate any insight.

Thanks,

Scot

You have posted in the AutoCAD forum, not the Inventor forum.

3D Connexion devices are used in the left hand and mouse in the right hand.

Ambidextrous modeling.

3D Connexion device used primarily for Zoom, Pan, Orbit (although you are getting more advanced model with additional functionality) while mouse reserved for Picking, Marking Menu and Right Mouse Button options.

I prefer to change the OOTB Pan/Zoom settings (Pan for up/down is set wrong in my opinion.)

It IS NOT a replacement for mouse.

I use the Spacepilot Navigator (the basic one) for Revit and Sketchup. It takes a lot of getting used to and I find I wind up using the mouse and the Navigator winds up sitting unused. That said it is nice and heavy so makes a good paper weight!

Thanks all,

We design aircraft parts, tools, ground equipments, etc., so I am hoping the Space Pilot will be a useful tool. I'm sure there will be a learning curve. First thing i will do will be checking the settings as J.D. mentioned. I'll report back on whether it is a great tool or a great paper weight.

Oh, sorry about the misplaced thread.

Scott

I have a Space Navigator, but I hardly use it (perhaps I would if there were more buttons like the Pilot) As JD said, it's not a replacement for a regular mouse, and since I like to keep one hand on the keyboard, something has to give. I can work without 3D mouse, but I can't work without a regular mouse or a keyboard.

Have you watched the Training videos from 3DConnexion?

IMO, I have a Space Navigator and I use it all the time. Considering that there are not as many keyboard commands for Inventor, being able to control the model while in a command is very useful.