Rendering in AutoCad 2004

idk14

Ehmmm, i got another problem here, about rendering.. i tryed to render the house i made.. the simple house, i went to Materials Library and searched for a wooden material, choosed it, clicked import, all good, after i go to render and click it, it opens a window, after that, i click the Apply Materials (Option) and when i click render, its still the same as i would use the "Shade" option.. what am i doing wrong.. ?

SiEyg0v.jpg

After i pressed "Render"

HlPNUT6.jpg

Please help :D

Yes, ill repost the original post, since it seems its deleted.. :o

So, ive got the house i had been making on the other post, well, all its easy, ill go to View menu then to Rendering and then to Materials Library, click it, and it opens another window, there i searched a wooden material, after i found it, i clicked Import, clicked ok and all good, untill i went again to View then Render then again Render and it opens the rendering window, there, ill choose the Apply Materials option see in the photo below, and then click ok, but still it renders the house the same as i would use the "Sahde" command, the material was not applied.. or do i need to do something different? i never rendered something so i need help on this one.. please

7RwDLZt.jpg

I know of only two ways to apply materials.

1. Assign them to specific objects via the "Attach" option.

2. Assign them to a layer. The "By Layer" option.

It doesn't sound like you did either.

I forgot that there is another way.

3. Attach a material by its color. The "By ACI" option.

Edited by ReMark

What in the world happened with my thread.. i uploaded photos too, did the moderators not checked it yet or what? why my original post isn't showing..?

Your posts were moderated by the forum software for some reason. I have approved them.

Maybe this will help with the problem: http://www.caddigest.com/subjects/autocad/tutorials/select/parsai_creating_material.htm

Yes, that was the problem Remark, thank you for your explaining on how to attach the materials on the objects, i did it, finally after so much trying :D succesfully rendered my house :D but i dont have a good material for the roof... anyways the materials in autocad 2004 are so cartoonish... i should change autocad to a newer version to have better materials and so on, but at work, all depends on the it man if he wants to.. cause the pc sucks so much that for the autocad 2014 he needs to change the whole pc.. new processor, new rams and so on....

Do a google search for: roof material bitmaps

then click show images. You will see a good collection of potential image files you can use. Many of these images are designed so that the seam is not evident when tiled.