Dynamic Block Editor Can't See Actions

resullins

So I have this dynamic block that I created years ago... and simple little revcloud tool. I copied the entire file, renamed it, and went in to edit the new file for a particular project function (instead of revisions, I'm marking unanswered RFI's).

However, when I went into the dynamic block editor, all of my parameters were visible, but none of my little action buttons were there?!?! I could go into QS and select them, so I know they exist in the drawing file, but I can't find them.

So I went into QS, selected all my actions, erased them, and went to add new ones... couldn't see those either. Is there a variable that turns those things on and off?

Also, for the record, it's only that block. I inserted it into a drawing, went to BEDIT, couldn't see them. Inserted another block, went to BEDIT, and all actions were there.

Where the hell did I put these things?

File attached. Revcloud.dwg

Yes there is a switch to SHOW ALL or HIDE ALL actions. On the block editor ribbon action button, there is a drop down panel arrow. Click there. The commands are _showall, and _hideall if you love typing, but I tried typing them and they don't work that way. They have to be prefaced with _bactionbar and then the commands work.

They are just about waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay over there >>>>>>>>>>>>>>

^

^

^

^

^

^And waaaaaaaaaaaaay up there.;) About 25 times further to the right than your basic object is wide.;) I don't know why it took me two regens to zoom out only 15 units. Yes, I do. My graphics card is hopeless.

Once you find them they can be slud back to where you want 'em. Just click & drag.

You can also change BACTIONMODE from to and they will change back to the legacy lightening bolts from the new icons.

It must be nice to work for an international market software company and get paid to program stupid stuff like these silly commands.

Way up there.jpg

Revcloud.dwg

Edited by Dana W

well done Dana. I had a look at this yesterday but had some paid work to do too so had to stop investigating. I bet I won't remember what you said next time I need this information.

well done Dana. I had a look at this yesterday but had some paid work to do too so had to stop investigating. I bet I won't remember what you said next time I need this information.
Hey. I just found it myself, right then. I moved from 2009 to 2015 a couple months ago and have been looking for my own action icons ever since. I assume the program comes OOTB with the NEW icons on and _SHOWALL active. If it does, then how does it get changed.

The purpose of these options is probably to declutter block editor modelspace. Some dynamic blocks are so full of those little icons, one can't see the geometry. The 2009 version had a command and button that would re-adjust the icon size to the current zoom factor, but now the icons stay with the zoom factor all the time. I never noticed whether the older version could show or hide the action icons, and I am too lazy right now to open up my museum piece to find out.

Thanks! That's what I thought... but I couldn't find them. So, here's a dumb question that I'm sure one of you smart people knows. If there's something off my screen, that's not geometry, and my Zoom Extents doesn't show it, how do I zoom out farther than Zoom Extents?

I'm sure this is a really easy answer, but seriously, Zoom Extents usually does it for me!

There was an option that used to appear in the Zoom command prompt "Vmax" it still works and zooms out quite a bit more than extents. Give that a try. If that doesn't work try Scale.

Thanks! That's what I thought... but I couldn't find them. So, here's a dumb question that I'm sure one of you smart people knows. If there's something off my screen, that's not geometry, and my Zoom Extents doesn't show it, how do I zoom out farther than Zoom Extents?

I'm sure this is a really easy answer, but seriously, Zoom Extents usually does it for me!

Usually, regen and roll the wheel does it for me. AutoCad doesn't gen the empty part of the screen until you ask for it.

• 6 years later...

In my case, I couldn't see an action because another action was placed directly on top. Once I dragged the top one out of the way, I was able to use them both.