Roof with Vertical part

hoss

Hi,

I am trying to crate a model of a building , which has a roof with vertical part

i have attached few images to illustrate what i am after

I have searched and tried few thing, but didn't work for me, maybe because i am a total beginner !!

I would be very hankful, if someone could help me with this

Thanks in advance

Ps. first picture, section view is for a different part of the building, just added to show details

roof.jpg

roof 2.jpg

roof 3.jpg

Since you're just starting out, it would be easiest to just create a In-Place Model component. Architecture in Revit is my weakest area, but in my link below illustrates the idea:

Unable to display content. Adobe Flash is required.

What you want to do is get the basics of the roof, then on the ends, use the method in the screen capture to get a rough model in. In the Revit world, In-Place Models are highly discouraged, but in this particular case it would be okay I think.

Hope the tutorial sheds some light for you. :)

-Tannar

Old fashioned solution, If you draw the profile of the roof as a pline then draw the end view of the roof as a pline, using rotate3d you can line up the end verticaly and move the profile to the top and rotate3d so it points down then Extrude Path and you have your roof.