UCS with Lines

skillsaw

After moving a few 3d objects to a new location I noticed that the UCS icon has color coordinated lines coming of of the xyz. What does it mean? Thanks in advance:unsure:

If you have your Visual Style set to anything other than 2D Wireframe, the UCS icon will display in color. The colors refer to each axis. Red = X, Green = Y and Blue = Z.

I have enclosed a shot of what is on my desktop. Please take a look and let me know if something is not quite right. Thanks again

UCS.gif

I checked out the link. Yep that is exactly what I have. I have the latest drivers for my video card..... It seems that it doesn't happen all the time just sporadically. If I restart Cad and open the file it seems to disappear. There must be a glitch somewhere that I can't find....I guess until someone figures it out I'll just have to live with it. Thanks for your concern.

Yeah, it's a conflict in the graphics display system. Toggling Hardware Acceleration should make the streaking disappear, but changing/updating graphics driver is a better long-term solution.

Ok.... just wanted to be sure that it wasn't something I did involuntarily. I'll check out the driver/card problem with Nvidia. Thanks for the replies!

What card are you using?

Nvidia has drivers and Autodesk has drivers for some cards, usually it works out better on AutoCAD to run the ones from Autodesk if available.

Sometimes running the Nvidia latest may be better, or in some cases older drivers from Autodesk or Nvidia may be the solution.

Thanks for the headsup.....I have a GeForce GTX645 video card. I have the latest Nvidia drivers installed. I'll check with the desk and see if there is some driver that's compatible. Thanks again.