need help with this drawing

skillsaw

Hi Everyone,

In my quest for understanding Autocad I have been doing exercises from a book. In both 2D and 3D. I accomplished all 99 except for this one. I just can't figure out how to make the curved handle. Tried loft and a few others but I can't seem to get it right. Would help if someone could turn on a light bulb in my head...seems I blew a fuse!Handle.jpg

One method is to EXTRUDE/PRESSPULL the top and side profiles into Solids, rotate one of them 90 degrees so they intersect, then use INTERSECT command. Only thing left to do is FILLET the edges of the solid.

PRESSPULL-INTERSECT.gif

Are you sure there are enough dimensions to create this part?

Edit* Never mind. I was able to draw this in Inventor with the dims provided.

b1Y0Cp8dlARnrcZx

Edited by Mefloump

Are you sure there are enough dimensions to create this part?

I had the same question, but for the purposes of the demo, I made the assumption that all the undimensioned curves are supposed to be constant arcs and tangent at their endpoints where tangency is logical.

I had the same question, but for the purposes of the demo, I made the assumption that all the undimensioned curves are supposed to be constant arcs and tangent at their endpoints where tangency is logical.

I would agree. I did have some assumptions to make the part look correct.

Thank you ever so much nestly. I never would have thought of that. I hope you aren't planning on taking a vacation! You saved what few hairs I had left on my head!