zoom direction

bjenk8100

Hello,

I was just wondering how I can change the settings so that my drawing area zooms into the direction of where my mouse point is. I do not ever remember having to change this but as of now on this pc if I scroll with middle mouse it just zooms and i have to constantly pan. It use to be I could zoom and pan at the same time. Any feedback would be great. ACAD 2010

Thanks

Hello,

I was just wondering how I can change the settings so that my drawing area zooms into the direction of where my mouse point is. I do not ever remember having to change this but as of now on this pc if I scroll with middle mouse it just zooms and i have to constantly pan. It use to be I could zoom and pan at the same time. Any feedback would be great. ACAD 2010

Thanks

One is supposed to click the wheel down to pan, and still roll it to zoom at the same time. How was it possible to zoom and pan at the same time without doing that? I have never seen that behavior, nor have I ever seen the zoom not use the cursor as the center of view.

When in Perspective view, zooming with the wheel zooms the center of the view, with no regard for the mouse/cursor location.

Change PERSPECTIVE = 0 at the command line, or right click on the Viewcube and choose Parallel projection.

Might you be talking about the ZOOMWHEEL system variable,

which controls whether zooming goes in our out relative to your display?

The default setting for Autocad is 0.

Inventor uses the opposite of that or the setting if you are trying to

make Autocad zoom in the other direction.

Sounds like nestly may have hit the nail on the head though.

Edited by Dadgad

i think that 0 option works. Autocad is funny with that. Sometimes it works very well sometimes not. I like to move cursor around while zooming and have what I want to zoom in front of me. For instance, sometimes I will put cursor all the way on top of screen and zoom and things above will come down and vice versa.

That 0 thing works but sometimes it has a mind of its own it seems. I like to put my cursor on top of screen and zoom and what I want to see usually comes down and vice versa. Left/right does same thing.

That setting is per file. Are you saying it changes on its own while working on the same file?

It shouldn't. If that is the case, then something is changing it.

I do not do 3D in AutoCAD. No need for the cube. So, that would be a "No".

It sounds like your previous post solved the OPs problem temporarily. Maybe the additional information will explain why it is changing on him.