Fillets on a tapered cylinder

deRabes

Hi

I'm having trouble executing some fillets on a tapered cylinder. Some are working nicely, others are not. I know its probably a lack of geometry available on the Cylinder but I don't really understand it. I have attached a .ipt. Can someone advise me?

Many Thanks

Stick2.ipt

• 2 weeks later...

That's a challenging fillet for Inventor! It looks like it was going to yield a result for one side but not the other. Note that on the problem side the highlighted surface in red in the image below does not fully blend into the tapered cylinder. The short straight portion I've circled in green. Fix this and you may be successful.

Fillet.png

You need to constrain the geometry of the two sketches you used to create Loft14 and you'll start seeing what's causing the problems. Make things, concentric, parallel, perpendicular, and symetrical. Add an angular dimension from the axis of the cylinder to locate the slot. Use parameters to share the angle, width, etc of any dimension required by both sketches. Your geometry is off in a number of places and is not symetrical! There are some overlapping lines in places! Clean this up and control everything. Unconstrained geometry is a bad practice. Sketches can also be shared between features. You also have a lot of features in the history tree that are not being used, I'd get rid of all the stuff your not using and simplify this.