Unit settup not working for Wall thickness!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rahim Shaikh

When i am setting the unit for my project and start working but the wall thickness still shows in the Feet & inches....

Please help me i cant calculate many times..Its urgent:geek:

Is it the Temporary Dimensions that still shows imperial feet and inches, or is it a dimension itself? Most items in Revit that displays a dimensional value can be overridden and independent from the global Units configuration. So, select the dimension and click Edit Type and see if there's a unit override.

Also, it's best to begin your project in the Metric system. Make sure your templates are set up properly.

Thanks for your reply....,

but i am talking about wall thickness in type selector..not about the dimensions in drawing.

Please tell me how can i fix it...?

I'm still not completely sure, but I think you may be talking about the wall thickness in the name of each Wall Type. This is a manual description of each Wall Type so you'll have to simply edit those individually. If you click the Wall and click Edit Type, you will have to go through each Type and click Rename and change the descriptive terminology to one that best fits your own standards. If you could provide a screenshot it should help me understand your problem completely.

Since the Name of each Family Type is merely static and descriptive text, it's not in any way associated with the actual dimensional parameters that drive the Wall Properties. Because of this, I'll reiterate that if you can start over with one of the metric templates it would eliminate all of these subtle nuances. If you cannot start from a fresh template (i.e. if you're taking control of an existing project originally designed with the Imperial measurement system) then you'll have to endure these nuances and correct them as you go.

Hope this helps. :)