render window

skillsaw

Just wondering if there is a way to change the background color in the render window. Most of what I render is usually black in color and hard to see. Thanks

According to AutoCAD Help this is what needs to be done...

Set a Solid Viewport Background

1. In the Properties panel, under General, click the Background Override field and select Solid.

2. In the Background dialog box, under Color, click the swatch.

3. In the Select Color dialog box, specify the color you want to use for the background and click OK.

4. In the Background dialog box, click OK to return to the View Manager.

5. In the View Manager, click Set Current and click OK.

See post #5 instead.

Edited by ReMark
came up with a better explanation

Thanks ReMark. I guess I did something wrong because it didn't work for me. If you get the chance please try your method and let me know if there is something I missed. Thanks

I am not on my CAD computer at the moment but when I fire it up in a few minutes I'll check the sequence.

I've revised the steps to take based upon AutoCAD Help (see previous post). Unfortunately, it does not seem to work for me either. I'm sure I'm either doing it wrong or I am missing something obvious. I don't have the time at the moment to delve into it further as I have a project that must be done within the next couple of hours. I will return to the problem later today. Sorry.

I WAS doing it wrong! :o

Edited by ReMark

I'm late....but I'm baaaaaack.

Sorry for the delay. If it ain't one thing it's another. Now, back to your problem.

You're in a 3D workspace and using the Ribbon. First switch to a Conceptual or Realistic visual style.

Click on the Visualize tab then find and click on View Manager. On the right hand side of the View Manager window click on the New button.

In the New View / Shot Properties window look near the bottom where it says Background. It should be set to Default. Click on the down pointing arrow to the right and highlight the Solid option. This should bring up the Background window.

Click in the color bar at the bottom which will open the Select Color dialog box. Select an Index color or a True color then click on the OK button.

Back in the New View / Shot Properties window go to the very top and enter a (new) View name then click on the OK button.

In the View Manager dialog box click on the Set Current button followed by clicking on the Apply button then click the OK button. As soon as you click on the OK button you should see the background change from its default color to the color you just picked. This color will be used when you render your 3D model.

Got it?

Edited by ReMark

Background_1.jpg

The View Manager.

Background_2.jpg

New View / Shot Properties & Background windows.

Background_3.jpg

After making our choices and back in the View Manager.

Between this post and the previous one I think you should be good to go.