• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• rajasekarcmr

• ReMark

• tzframpton

• RobDraw

Top Posters In This Topic

It could have been done with any number of programs including plain AutoCAD, AutoCAD Structural Detailing, maybe even Revit (not 100% sure). It could also have been done with a non-AutoDesk program. Why do you ask?

I wanted to recreate the drawing for learning purposes. I used soft wares like revit & others. But this one looked good. So I thought I could use this software.

The table created by this software. The detail in drawing were decent.

Wish someone could pinpoint the software used in this by looking at those annotation styles.

Am attaching more pictures. The drawing was created by company named GEA Cooling Towers

963c8fedafa0b59a4cba8aaf523bfe1c.jpg

18ce5937494a80508d1b9f5d1dacaf7f.jpg

2f998ab0776a402fe8ea01330957ef7f.jpg

be8b2b1440d6ed9fe184d7fa4c6acb04.jpg

The Centre lines look like Revit

3ff9b802f266b4fadb20e5e040e83b02.jpg

8b87f30fafd2d91424dc47f2a8db8387.jpg

This one has options to design even location of laps

757c70b8d985538005f79a363a5f3daa.jpg

Edited by rajasekarcmr

But if it's AutoCAD then there must be too much labor gone into this drawing and confusing works like

Section views label matching

Bar mark

Etc

So I have a deep feeling that this was some other software or add on.

OP must have added more images since I posted this morning. I agree, that is not Revit. The fact that it is being produced by a commercial enterprise (company name in title block) but it says "AutoDesk Educational Product" across the top leads me to believe the program is being used in an illegal manner. Maybe I'll report the company to AutoDesk.

Yea the plotter guy uses educational version. Not the company. I don't have access to the dwg file or it ll be a bit more easy to find it.

It's not created by ASD too I guess

OP must have added more images since I posted this morning. I agree, that is not Revit. The fact that it is being produced by a commercial enterprise (company name in title block) but it says "AutoDesk Educational Product" across the top leads me to believe the program is being used in an illegal manner. Maybe I'll report the company to AutoDesk.

The OP said that he printed it and this is a learning exercise. It's possible the educational stamp came from his version of the software. There is no reason to think anything illegal is going on.

I dunno about the source. Or the version they use. I got it from a person I know. Head copy

An decent draftsman could draw this but he has to keep track of annotation which is bit tricky.

2efecb24251bf507e93ae43c9c9f4ebd.jpg

Full drawing.

I also have another set of drawings given by him but am not interested in the software used to create it cz it don't have any bar bending schedule in it.

Am mainly interested in knowing the source software cz it looked perfect with bar bending schedule.

Am also attaching those pics below

f712f109039e98c86cfedf1ef986cdfe.jpg

7b500fff4cd906639a317bee8107fa22.jpg

More images at this point does nothing to further the discussion. Stop guessing and just contact the company that created the drawings and ask.

It might have been done by another AutoDesk program called Advanced Steel. Why don't you go to the AutoDesk website and search on the word "steel" or "detailing" and see what programs meet the criteria? Look at the description of each and note whether or not the letters "BOM" (Bill of Materials) is mentioned. And also look for any mention of reinforcement bar tables. The key to finding an answer involves research.

I would hazzard a guess at "Tekla" but only because I sometimes receive drawings that were created with it and then saved as dwgs for our use. I have no idea how the program works or how automated it is.

I contacted them already. No response. I mailed them now to several mailing address. Let's see.

Am searching on other sites too.

I ll try to get the soft copy cz there may be some meta data in it.

I would hazzard a guess at "Tekla" but only because I sometimes receive drawings that were created with it and then saved as dwgs for our use. I have no idea how the program works or how automated it is.

Thanks. I ll check tekla

I somehow managed to get the soft copy.

Seems like the drawing in screenshot used plain AutoCAD. When I checked properties in Windows explorer it shows "Editing time : 957 hours"

However there were 7 drawing/dwg files which shows editing time close to 900 hours.

There may be possibility that this guy used same drawing for every project & just alter few specifications according to the site since it was standard design or may be not.

And when opening another drawing (not in pic) I spoke about I got some error & I saw Cads RC in that error. So looks like they used cads RC for rebar Modelling.

Am attaching both the file in the link.

IMPORTANT:

The document is highly confidential one so I request you to delete it after analysing or else it will route back to me easily since I haven't removed the logos & other details to keep the docent intact like I received.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/949deebdp8huj3t/AAAH2b1jcEPHRgrhPV8u8UkHa?dl=0

Yea one of the drawing used Cads RC. But the other one named 205-plbeam??

Is it plain CAD or they used some other software.

Am Removing the other drawing.

Edited by rajasekarcmr

IMPORTANT:

The document is highly confidential one so I request you to delete it after analysing or else it will route back to me easily since I haven't removed the logos & other details to keep the docent intact like I received.

I would suggest editing your post and deleting this link, and handling confidential files via Private Message with users you trust instead. :)

-TZ

Yea that's good idea that didn't strike me. but I want a little more interested ppl to check it.

Now waiting for a reply which says about the file in that link.

Waiting for @ReMarks reply