Fatal error

RRDC

Hi. I just want to ask what should i do to solve my problem, when I using autocad for an hour, FATAL ERROR appears on screen and followed by out of memory, Anyone here can explain what is it, and what i must do? Thank you in advance..

What were you doing or attempting to do when the error occurred?

Does this happen in one particular drawing or in any drawing you happen to have open at the time?

What is the average file size of the drawings you work with?

When was the last time you cleaned out your TEMP folder?

What are your full system specs? I'm really interested in knowing how much RAM is installed? Some out-of-memory errors can be traced to a lack of physical RAM which forces Windows to utilize virtual memory. Virtual memory is actually space reserved on one's hard drive set aside so Windows can swap data in and out as needed.

Is this a laptop or desktop computer?

@ReMark

It happens in almost all cad file i open and modify...

each file is 5-6MB...

I am using Desktop Computer with a RAM Of 2GB...pROCESSOR: pENTIUM® dUAL cORE cpu e5400@2.70ghz,manufacturer: ECS, SYS TYPE: 32BIT OS.:?

^^^I agree with the big green guy.

Your computer is starved for resources (lack of physical RAM) and is resorting to using virtual memory (space on your hard drive) to swap data out but it just isn't enough. With a 32-bit OS you are limited to 4GB of physical RAM unless you want to get creative. You can also tweak your virtual memory settings and maybe that might buy you some breathing room but nothing is guaranteed. You may still get out-of-memory errors. You could also try shutting down non-essential processes and disabling all programs that are running in the background. Basically you would need nothing other than the OS and AutoCAD running.

What OS are you using? Is it XP?

Re: graphics card. Hopefully you have a dedicated graphics card and not an onboard graphics chip although even if you did have a card given the specs I've seen for this computer so far I'd say it was an entry level card at best.