Sub-Assembly Composer

Ixoye

I am running c3d 2014 and am having trouble with editing and creating Sub-Assemblies. I had found that there was a program called Autodesk Sub-Assemblies Composer. I was wondering if it is compatible with 2014?

It would sure help me if it was.

Yes, the subassembly composer is compatible with 2014 and it *should* be installed if you have Civil 3D. "Should" being the operative word. :P

It's not very simple to use, however. Creating custom sub-assemblies can be very helpful, but it's also very tedious and very time-consuming. And it's really frustrating when it doesn't work exactly right.

I'm not saying don't do it, but you may be better off just working with the default sub-assemblies. What do you need your assembly/sub-assembly to do?

I have created an assembly and need to have a specific "Curb and Gutter" sub-assembly which style is from a manufacture and is not a C3d standard. I had tried creating one from a polyline but am not able to figure out the codes and links.