Dimensions read half the size of actual length

tharrisci

Hi,

A consultant has forward a few drawings and of course its the holidays and no ones in his office. The issue I've come upon is within his dimensions, the dimensions strings length is half the actual length..for example the dimensions reads 4'-0" and if you check the distance its actually 8'-0". Has anyone seen this before?

Thank You,

Tim Harris

Is this in modelspace, or paperspace? Have you checked the drawing units? (command -dwgunits with the hyphen) Check the dimension properties for a dim linear scale override.

I get drawings like that from one particular engineer that uses only modelspace, so they scale up detail views and then alter the measurement factor... quite annoying. Could be a couple things, but my guess is that the dimension measurement scale (DIMLFAC) is 0.5 instead of 1.0 It can be applied either through the DimStyle, or as a Property Override.

Post a sample drawing (at least one object with an incorrect dimension measurement) if you need additional analysis.DIMLFAC.jpg