2014 line color question

New to the forums, not new to autocad. User since r10 dos.

The company I am working for switched to 2014 recently from 2008/2010. I'm one of the two main "go to" person for questions. After many hair pulling situations and many google searches, I'm coming across one I cant seem to find.

Another user noticed, when drawing, the line comes in a light gray. As soon as you place it, it switches to the color of the appropriate layer. I don't remember it doing this before, and its annoying this user. Any way to change this so it comes in as the color of the layer as your drawing it?

Welcome to Cadtutor

If working inside a Viewport with VP overrides, the objects will be displayed using the properties of the Layer during creation, the VP overrides won't be applied until the object is actually placed. Can you confirm whether this is/is not what's happening in your case?

I'd have the user test with a new/clean drawing. If the problem persists, see if it happens when a different user opens the same drawings. If it still persists, perhaps attach a sample here so we can help diagnose.

Oh, I should have read the original question more carefully. I think that's typical for 2014 and older because the "rubberband line" AutoCAD draws between the startpoint and the cursor coincides with the actual line being drawn. FYI, the rubberband line doesn't have to be "light gray" it can be any color you choose.

Rubberband line color.gif

hum, like I said I didn't remember it. But I will let this user know. Also thanks for showing me where I can change that. However, doesn't look like it gives you a "by layer" option.

Thanks!