smart line ?

cadfan

I know how to draw a line with angle (@length

But ,here ,I mean :

when drawing line , can pick another line(target line) , Enter the angle ,This angle between the line and the reference line . if Enter the angel is: 0 ,so this line PARallel the target line , if Enter the angle is : 90 , so this line PERPendicular the target line. Of course also can enter the other Angle.

Can do this use Vlisp ? If some one have free time and interested write it , I would be very honored and grateful!!

demo.gif

Edited by cadfan
Misunderstood!

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• cadfan

• ReMark

• marko_ribar

• nestly

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Not quite sure what that is doing.

AutoCAD has a PARallel object snap, as well as polar tracking and a few other aids that I suppose can do what you want.

Can you explain exactly what it is you want to do?

Not quite sure what that is doing.

AutoCAD has a PARallel object snap, as well as polar tracking and a few other aids that I suppose can do what you want.

Can you explain exactly what it is you want to do?

YES , autocad can snap ,but can't specify a angle with target line. can use lisp to do ?

You can if you want to make a line PARallel to an existing line, or PERPendicular to an existing line.

yes ,I know ,can input Keyword “per” and "par" to do this ,bat can't specify a angle ! I think vlisp can do this , someone can write a Sample ?

What about line, pick start pt, type @45

If you want the line to go through a specific point say mid of another line then lisp etc or maybe even use Cal with its inbulit vector functions.

Pretty sure you can also do line relative to angle off start line.

Actually Cadfan, I think you need to look at the program a little closer if you think you cannot specify an angle in Autocad while executing Line.

One can at any time, after the first point is clicked, enter distance and/or angle during the execution of line or polyline command. Simply entering a distance draws a line of that distance following the cursor tracking path. Entering the distance and, (Leading

In fact, on my touch screen I can do all that with a single finger of my choosing.

I think indulging in a lot of effort writing and debugging a lisp routine for these simple tasks would be counter-productive. One would still have to enter the same parameters in response to the lisp routine prompts. That is of course unless you want to watch a lisp routine draw the same thing every time you start it up.

Are there any other advantages over AutoCad in ZWcad, like the absence of lighting effects and photorealistic render mode in ZWcad, or that it didn't have dynamic blocks until the 2014 release, and it cannot open dwg files newer than the 2012 release?

Most of the genuine review sights, that is, the ones that do not start with http colon slash slash www dot zwsoft, say Turbocad Deluxe ($130.00 - $150.00) eats it for lunch and ZWcad costs more than 6 times as much at $799.00.

A short burst of posts like this smells like a fishing expedition for potential customers. I wonder why, after 13 years in the business, at least in China, why zwsoft has not read the handwriting on the wall.

Do you have any questions about cad issues you are having, or are you personally here to maybe tell us about the assumed advantages of ZWcad because you think it is the beezkneez?

That is why we are here, to get help fixing messes we have caused ourselves while drafting something, or maybe offering help to others that have gotten into a mess, and not internet shopping.

EDIT: I only live about 40 miles from your Melbourne FL office if it is still open. I would be happy to come by for a demo conference some afternoon if you spring for lunch. I like steak at 140 deg. F. and Stillwater IPA at 36 deg. F.

Actually Cadfan, I think you need to look at the program a little closer if you think you cannot specify an angle in Autocad while executing Line.

One can at any time, after the first point is clicked, enter distance and/or angle during the execution of line or polyline command. Simply entering a distance draws a line of that distance following the cursor tracking path. Entering the distance and, (Leading

In fact, on my touch screen I can do all that with a single finger of my choosing.

I think indulging in a lot of effort writing and debugging a lisp routine for these simple tasks would be counter-productive. One would still have to enter the same parameters in response to the lisp routine prompts. That is of course unless you want to watch a lisp routine draw the same thing every time you start it up.

Are there any other advantages over AutoCad in ZWcad, like the absence of lighting effects and photorealistic render mode in ZWcad, or that it didn't have dynamic blocks until the 2014 release, and it cannot open dwg files newer than the 2012 release?

Most of the genuine review sights, that is, the ones that do not start with http colon slash slash www dot zwsoft, say Turbocad Deluxe ($130.00 - $150.00) eats it for lunch and ZWcad costs more than 6 times as much at $799.00.

A short burst of posts like this smells like a fishing expedition for potential customers. I wonder why, after 13 years in the business, at least in China, why zwsoft has not read the handwriting on the wall.

Do you have any questions about cad issues you are having, or are you personally here to maybe tell us about the assumed advantages of ZWcad because you think it is the beezkneez?

That is why we are here, to get help fixing messes we have caused ourselves while drafting something, or maybe offering help to others that have gotten into a mess, and not internet shopping.

EDIT: I only live about 40 miles from your Melbourne FL office if it is still open. I would be happy to come by for a demo conference some afternoon if you spring for lunch. I like steak at 140 deg. F. and Stillwater IPA at 36 deg. F.

sorry ,I can't understand. I just a new member. I'm not ZWsoft user, I just try it , and find some different. I think this “draw line” will be quickly.

There is no AutoCAD command that will mimic the angle of another line while in the line command on-the-fly. You could use the SNAPANG command to set your crosshairs to duplicate the angle of the line however I doubt that you'll find this as quick as the feature you have demonstrated in Zwcad.

sorry ,I can't understand. I just a new member. I'm not ZWsoft user, I just try it , and find some different. I think this “draw line” will be quickly.
OK, then. If you are not simply selling the product, that is fine, but the rest of the world thinks the ZWcad program is not worth the money.

There is no AutoCAD command that will mimic the angle of another line while in the line command on-the-fly. You could use the SNAPANG command to set your crosshairs to duplicate the angle of the line however I doubt that you'll find this as quick as the feature you have demonstrated in Zwcad.
That is true, the angle has to be known first

That is true, the angle has to be known first
That is, unless one is using the parallel snap. Then mimicking another lines angle is automatic exactly as in the ZWcad example, hover over the reference line to acquire tracking, move the cursor until the "H" lights up, and click.

OK, then. If you are not simply selling the product, that is fine, but the rest of the world thinks the ZWcad program is not worth the money.

Have you tried? I was the first time to try . I think can't deny everything . Something worth to use for reference.

It is something Zwcad can point to and say "not-in-AutoCAD" to justify their CAD program wasn't a complete rip-off. If you like the feature so much stop using AutoCAD. Simple.

The fact that vanilla AutoCAD contains nothing like that doesn't mean it's not a good tool. I'd love to be able to specify the relationship between the line being drawn and an existing object on the fly. Not to mention that it appears to be more user friendly than AutoCAD's method of specifying Osnaps.

And by the way, I'm not sure that $130 is all that much different PER USER if you average Perpetual licenses, Subscriptions, and anyone that's legitimately (or not-so-legitimately) using AutoCAD under a Student License ie full access to the software for free.

It is something Zwcad can point to and say "not-in-AutoCAD" to justify their CAD program wasn't a complete rip-off. If you like the feature so much stop using AutoCAD. Simple.

oh! bad thread, Maybe I'm wrong way to ask questions, I'm not selling the product, I'm not a salesman . I just ask questions .

Look, a 130 dollar program (actually more than one) is light years ahead of it. There is no point in going any further.

what about "BricsCAD" ? ;)

Your question was asked and answered. If you want to know why AutoCAD does not have this feature then ask AutoDesk. If you'd like to see this feature added to AutoCAD then go over to the AUGI website and join. Once you do you can submit your suggestion for adding the feature to AutoCAD simply by submitting it for inclusion on the AUGI Wish List. AUGI members then vote on all the suggestions and the top ten are then submitted to AutoDesk. That still does not guarantee that AutoDesk will include the feature in their next release however.

Your question was asked and answered. If you want to know why AutoCAD does not have this feature then ask AutoDesk. If you'd like to see this feature added to AutoCAD then go over to the AUGI website and join. Once you do you can submit your suggestion for adding the feature to AutoCAD simply by submitting it for inclusion on the AUGI Wish List. AUGI members then vote on all the suggestions and the top ten are then submitted to AutoDesk. That still does not guarantee that AutoDesk will include the feature in their next release however.

Thank you ! Mr.ReMark.

That still does not guarantee that AutoDesk will include the feature in their next release however.

Your are right ! so I ask , Can do this use Vlisp ? If some one have free time and interested write it , I would be very honored and grateful!!:D