how to use array command to offset the stair step?? Autocad 2014

I tried to use Arrayclassic command to offset the stair run (13 runs) but with rectangle array, i am only able to offset them verticle, is there a way that i can offset those step 7.9375" rise to intersection of point A, B,C,D............so on as shown on pic??, i can copy with base point manually but just wonder if there is any other easier tool to use. appreciate any suggestion.

ARRAY CLASSIC.jpg

Reorient the UCS so it's aligned with the stair stringer angle, then use the "Pick column Offset" button and Osnap to set the offset distance in the new UCS using the Intersect Osnap

Array-StairTreads.gif

awesome Nestly, took me a few time but finaly got it, one question though, if i don't want to type "UCS" where can i find it on the ribbon? Thanks so much

UCS options are on the View Tab, however the UCS icon in 2014 is directly editable, so you can click on it then right-click, or you can just select it and adjust it by using it's grips, just like any other object

Editable UCS Icon.gif

I forgot about the hover menus. I think it's actually been that way since 2012, but rarely use the dynamic UCS icon because I think I'm quicker just keying in the command rather than right-clicking and/or dragging it around, but it's definitely nice to have all the UCS commands right on the Icon vs picking them from a toolbar or finding them on the Ribbon.

We have been getting more buildings with non-right angles than not lately. Most users here use SNAPANG and often struggle with its limitations. They like changing the UCS but cannot get used to actually changing it. Maybe with the context menu right there, they will start using it.

Did not know that, thanks nestly.

Also, just hovering over it and right clicking gives you the UCS commands.

Just learned this as well! +1 to Nestly

Here's another approach using the Copy command which has had some added options since ACAD 2012 and by the screen shot, it looks like you are on 2014 or 15...

The steps are basically:

• Copy
  • select objects
  • specify baspoint
  • A to enter the array option
  • Specify # of items to array
  • F to have the objects fit between the 2 points that you pick
  • Pick the second point.

Copy Array Fit1.jpg

EDIT - I don't know why my GIF isn't being animated or why it is showing as a jpeg on CADTutor so here is a link to my blog post from a while ago.

https://autocadtips.wordpress.com/2011/03/24/autocad-2012-copy-with-array-fit/