symbols in legend disappering

Yeah that's been happening to me too I just hit regen and the floorplan comes back. You will need the excel file I uploaded it (that part worked on uploading) to the forum but you will have to redo the data link most likely. This is not a floorplan that I drew it is a X-REF as well I should have made a link to that file too. I'll get one up in just a second.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ski_Me

• RobDraw

• ReMark

• adrath

I don't think that part is necessary.

I noticed that the symbols that are still there are outside of those thick corner marks. (I'm sorry but I'm new to tables and don't know what they are called or what they do.)

Do you have to put the symbols in the actual table? Can you just place them on top of it?

I don't think that part is necessary.

I noticed that the symbols that are still there are outside of those thick corner marks. (I'm sorry but I'm new to tables and don't know what they are called or what they do.)

Do you have to put the symbols in the actual table? Can you just place them on top of it?

They are grips just like with blocks you can adjust the size of the table and size of the cells. The reason those symbols are there is because the cells they are in were created after the data link was made so those cells retain all of the information placed in them since that part of the table is not data linked but part of the drawing file. I place the blocks in the cells so that they are autosized for the cell that they are in I don't like scaling, to much thinking on my part. Plus I never use a standard size for my legends since the fire marshals around here like to see the legend on the same page as the floor plan so I have to adjust my legend according to the space I have left over in paperspace. Most fire alarm drafters in this state don't know how to do this so they just put the legend on the index page and sit through the ass chewing they get from the project manager because he got chewed out by the fire marshal. It's a give give relationship. Play with the table even mess around with the text then do a upload to the source file and see what you get.

I've had to clean up vender generated fire alarm drawings before. The ones I saw were not pretty, to put it nicely. Since we have gotten beyond my knowledge of tables, I am out of possible solutions. If you get stuck, I can teach you a couple tricks about scaling. I will keep an eye on this thread hoping I'll learn something.

I'm just gonna link the part of the table that has the text then add the cells for the blocks after. This is the fastest and really only solution I can see that works.