Leader Question

Long time Autocad User with minimal knowledge of software, repedetive work with preset tools.

Question, i created a leaders style and when opening a new drawing, it is not there, i assumed that if i created a new style it would be available in all drawings.

What am i doing wrong and how can i modify a leader style to be used in all drawings, new and old.

Thank you for your response and help.

Text styles, Dimstyles, Mleader styles, etc are stored in the drawing. You can bring a "style" into an existing drawing by drag/drop or copy/pasting any object using that "style" from another drawing, or you can use Design Center, or you can put the object using that style onto a Tool Palette,

The best way to make the new style available in all NEW drawings is to add that style to your template (.dwt)

Note: if an existing drawing already has a "style" with the same name, the existing style will not be overwritten.

Thank you for the reply nestly,

I will make a pallet to store my styles, that sounds like the easiest way to input into earlier drawings and the template.

JS