Stealth layers in model space...

rosswhiteeca

Hi,

I have a complex drawing (155 layers) of a site, and although I can see all layers in paper space layouts, in model space I can only see the ones I exported as pdf's. I've turned all layers on (hence why I can see them in paper space) but they are still invisible in model space.

I need to alter the drawing so this is proving very annoying!! :x

Could a different CTB (plotstyle table) be applied to modelspace that's altering the display in modelspace only? From modelspace, enter the PAGESETUP dialog then Modify then uncheck Display with Plotstyle in the upper right corner

Could you post a copy of the drawing, maybe with the majority of things deleted, just leaving a couple of sample objects that do and do not display, so someone could take a look, it would only need one layout viewport, so long as it still has the same problems you are experiencing.

Hi, I've managed to find a back up copy on my external hard drive which seems to be working :) I may still post the drawing as I'd like a solution in case it happens again! Thanks :)

Check what colours the layers are in modelspace. E.g. if the layers are colour blue and you have a blue AutoCad background (whereas whoever created the drawing had a yellow AutoCad background) then you're going to struggle to see them. The layer colours may have been overridden to be something different in the paperspace viewports.