CTB issues

GemmaEBaird

Morning

I'm having problems with my ctb ..... everything is coming out at the correct line weights when printing - except the greys - even though I've set them.

Any ideas ?

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RobDraw

• nestly

• GemmaEBaird

• tzframpton

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You say the grey's are not printing correctly? What does that mean? Are they printing too dark, too light, too thick, too thin?

It might be better if you provide your actual ctb file, so we can load it and test it. Put it in a zip and upload it here.

Cad64 - as I said, they are not coming out the correct line weights - so too thick. Its only the greys that are doing this.

Where would I find the CTB so that I can upload it ?

Your screenshot shows the Color8 has a defined Lineweight of 0.05, Do the other colors have similar Lineweights assigned in the CTB, because the default setting for Lineweight in acad.ctb is "Use Object Lineweight", which is either set by the Layer Properties, or an Object Property override.

Also, are you plotting 3D objects using 3D visual style, because Visual Styles also control how different types of edges are displayed.

Yes - all the greys have the same lineweight of o.o5 - the colours have heavier weights but they are plotting fine.

Its a 2D file so I'm not having 3D issues

Where would I find the CTB so that I can upload it ?

If you click SaveAs inside the CTB editor, it will show you where the selected CTB file is saved, but it would be best to use etransmit

We only need a sample drawing with a few of the objects that print "OK" and a few of the "grey" objects that don't. We don't need any xrefs either unless the objects you're having trouble with are coming from the xrefs. That should keep the (zip) filesize down.

How big is the zip file? If there are only a few objects in the drawing, it should not be that big. Run the PURGE command a few times, to get rid of anything that might be cluttering the file and then run ETRANSMIT again.

Or put the zip on Dropbox and post the link here.

Did you miss this response?

The link will provide you with an explanation as to what is going on.