gettint the slopes of the streets

mohsen62sm

Hello,

I need to specify the slope of the streets of a city. I have the elevation points of streets. But, how can I get slopes in Civil 3D? I am working with Civil 3D, but I do not know the procedure for this work. I should create a surface from these points? The surface's triangles must be inside streets (the line of streets should be as breaklines)?

Thank you in advance,

Mohsen

Would getting a Profile View in Civil 3D satisfy your requirement? If so, I would create an alignment (which will be on the XY plane) along the center of the street and also create a surface of the area. You can create a surface from contour lines or 3D points. With Civil 3D 2012 you can grab a TIN from Google Earth for many areas (this feature is not available in later version of C3D). Once you have a surface and an alignment you can easily use Profile View to create a graph that shows slopes.

Hello,

Thank you IRM.

I must move my work to another program. So, i can create a profile in that program. But I want to see a map of slopes to analyze the streets. You've recommended to me to use a TIN from Google Earth (But I am using 2013). Now, Is it a good job to create a surface from all elevation points of streets? The edge of streets should be as 'breaklines' to force Civil 3D to create surface only within the streets not the areas (buildings) between of streets?

Thank you,

Mohsen