Borrowed licence not working (AutoCAD 2015)

Chickenhawk72

I work in IT support at a large college, since upgrading to AutoCAD 2015 we have been having a problem with borrowed licences not working. Everything worked fine under AutoCAD 2013.

A standard user can log onto a college laptop OK and launch AutoCAD 2015, they can follow the normal procedure (Help > About > Product Information > Borrow Licence) and get a message that the licence has been successfully borrowed, when the user tries launching AutoCAD 2015 away from the network they get the message that a licence cannot be found.

When I log onto the same laptop with an admin account and borrow a licence, AutoCAD 2015 launches ok when off the network (WiFi disabled), so there must be a file/folder permissions issue that is blocking regular users from accessing the encrypted/borrowed licence file.

Could someone please let me know where the file is stored, so I can try changing the folder permissions to rectify this. We are running AutoCAD 64bit on a Windows 7 64bit environment which is attached to a domain.

Thanks in anticipation...

Thanks for the suggestion, I've posted on there as well.

I've seen the forum posts about the borrowed licence file latching to the MAC address of the NIC, but all of my testing has been done on WiFi, so this should not be the issue.