Extruding text with angle

kalschne

I want to know how can i extrude/cut a text with an angle until another face, extruding like a pyramid. Something like this: http://pballew.net/frustum.bmp

With the text starting in the bigger face and finishing at the smaller one.

Is it possible?

Edit: I'm using AutoCAD and i have to do with these letters: ㈜영일교육시스템 (is korean). Here is an example exactly i want to do: http://imgur.com/a/PpfMO

Edited by kalschne

ExtrudewithTaper.JPG

Done in AutoCAD using the method IRM suggested (Extrude with Taper option). Taper angle was +5. The letter "P" had to be worked on a bit to get it to cooperate. Results may vary with the font being used.

What font are you using?

Did you explode the text first by using the Express Tools Explode Text command?

After that follow the advice IRM gave you. If you still can't figure it out then attach a copy of the .dwg file to your next post and someone here will take a look at it.

Thanks for helping me, but actually is something different. Is the same of this:http://imgur.com/a/PpfMO . But I have to write another thing. Any thoughs?

Yes I have a thought. Doing something like what is shown in the images is going to take some time and effort. Hope you didn't have anything planned for the remainder of the day. There is no magic button or command in AutoCAD that will give you the result you are looking for. Maybe you should reconsider the choice of program you are using.

Maybe you should reconsider the choice of program you are using.

Would be pretty easy to do in Studio Max using the Bevel tool. Just sayin'. :)

Edit: Just viewed the image in the last link posted. Maybe not so simple. :P

It can still be done, not that difficult, just need to do some manual manipulation of each letter after extruding the text. No magic button.

TaperedLetterT.jpg

Tapered letter "T" created using two profiles and the Loft command. Letters are centered on each other using the midpoint of the top of the letter. Maybe this will give you some ideas.

Try turning the letters into REGIONS, COPY the Regions to the desired elevation, SCALE the elevated Regions to the desired size, Loft the lower region to the matching upper region one at a time. The "a" and "s" did twist unexpectedly during LOFT in the animation below, but I imagine that could be worked out.

*edit* LOFT from larger letter to smaller letter seems to have resolved the "twisting" problem

Loft Letters.gif

Edited by nestly