Penn Foster Drafting with AutoCad Structural help with the rebar.

Hondatek

all i have to do in p6 is add text and to connection detail. and i'm half way done on p7 oh that's my reference C9x20 lol oh oh oh and I forgot to add the weld symbol to the weld on the pillar at the bottom. did you do yours?

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hondatek

• ConfusedStudent

• ReMark

• TwistedNuggz

I did. About what I expected for a grade (85). Admittedly not my best work. The correction plates were horrid and I did ask for something more precise. Hope you did better than I did. I was just too frustrated to keep at it.

ive been correcting mine sense the holidays. turned it in last weekend and got a 100. you need help post on here. Remark is super smart. he's been helping Penn foster students for a few years and knows what to help you with. i'm on civil project got 95 on test and i'm starting plate 2 now

ReMark is super smart. I am not. If I was I would have gone to college while I was young. I'm 53 and it's hard to start over. I'm having a hard time with the contours. They overlap and I know they aren't supposed to.

Stop spreading rumors. ReMark is no smarter than the average bear and twice as ugly.

You're right, contours are not supposed to overlap. Maybe when you were connecting the dots (spot elevations) you missed one.

Ah beauty is in the eye of the beholder. The beauty of brains far outweigh the physical traits - although the physical traits don't hurt one bit :D Thank you I found my mistake, completed plate 1 and am on to plate 2.

I'm in Columbus which is about 45 minutes west of Billings. Probably on your way - although I may be at work. One of the drawbacks of a mortgage. I've lived in Montana for 13 years. originally from New Jersey. When you get to Montana I'll buy you a coffee for all your help :)

I'll have to look that up. I'm flying into Bozeman with my wife, staying the night then heading down to Gardiner. That will be our base of operations for five days. Coffee? Sure. But I'll warn you....I'm good for ten cups!

Bozo is about 2 hours farther west of me. But if you're up for a road trip or if I get some time off you and your wife are welcome for a visit!! I always have coffee - it's a staple food here :D

• 6 months later...

I Am Absolutely Lost With This Exam With Help Of Seeing Visuals Here I Was Able To Construct The I Beams,The Footings, And One Girder. I am lost as to what the spacing even is bewtween the top/bottom of the girder to the footing and a proper way of dispersing them around where they need to be Also as i move on to other plates am i starting a whole new drawing with the same setup?. Im all around completely lost with this program at this point, Penn Foster is truely disapointing with how they unleash there projects like this with minimal introduction. I took the program with more interest in gaining knowlede to use on smaller scales for a Welding And Machine Shop Cnc machining not constructing a building head to toe.

The distance between the top of slab and the bottom of the beam is supposed to be 10'-0". The slab thickness is 6". I believe the distance from the top of the footing to the top of the slab is 5'-0".

I think you took the wrong course as nothing in the Penn-Foster program will prepare you for CNC machining.

Ok i will try to go from that Thank you so much! What do you mean by that? I live right next to a Welding And Machine Shop Where my father works. They use autocad to construct things to cut out with theyre cnc machine. I needed to learn how to use autocad as that is what they used. I am a welder who In highschool/college did Manual drafting/welding symbols/and blueprint reading. So is why i figured itd be my best bet to do that class. I dident know id have to do the manual drafting all over/ not touch autocad till months later. But how is it that the advanced nature of this program wouldent make it easyer for me to construct simple objects for a cnc machine?

Ok i will try to go from that Thank you so much! What do you mean by that? I live right next to a Welding And Machine Shop Where my father works. They use autocad to construct things to cut out with theyre cnc machine. I needed to learn how to use autocad as that is what they used. I am a welder who In highschool/college did Manual drafting/welding symbols/and blueprint reading. So is why i figured itd be my best bet to do that class. I dident know id have to do the manual drafting all over/ not touch autocad till months later. But how is it that the advanced nature of this program wouldent make it easyer for me to construct simple objects for a cnc machine?
AutoCad will help you. What Remark meant was that the structural steel course you are taking won't go near either CNC control or the typical day to day stuff that goes through a fabrication shop. Use the course to learn control of the program, and tie that knowledge in with what you already know and will learn about the fabrication business hands on.

By the way, Autocad does not automatically make drawings in CNC language. It can't easily be directly plugged into the CNC machines, but there are a few intermediary programs that can connect the two together by using AutoCad's ability to export a dxf file that can be translated into CNC machine control instructions. (Repeat this mantra 5 times a day: Closed Polylines)

A lot of fabrication shops even skip the intermediate software and manually input the dxf pattern dimensions directly into the CNC machine control console with their actual fingers.