Penn Foster Drafting with AutoCad Structural help with the rebar.

Hondatek

Guys,

I am having trouble picturing how this should look like. Page 11 in the book.

The rebar in the bottom of the footings is #6 rebar at 8

OC both ways. The callout for the rebar is as follows:

#6 Ø @ 8″ O.C. BOTH WAYS

• There’s 3″ clear at the bottom of the footing and 3″ clear

all around. Vertical and horizontal rebar is placed in

the pillar similar to that shown in Problem 21-4, (page

45 in Structural Drafting with Basic Architectural

Applications). This rebar is also #6 rebar at 8″ OC. The

overlap of the rebar near the bottom of the pillar is

approximately 2″.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hondatek

• ConfusedStudent

• ReMark

• TwistedNuggz

To attach an image start by clicking on the Go Advanced button under the right hand corner of the Quick Reply window. At the next screen find and click on the Insert Image button. Should be smooth sailing from there as it operates pretty as the same feature would at any other website.

BTW...that project has been discussed here in the past. Did you look at any of the other threads re: Penn-Foster structural project?

Remark,

Thanks for the help. see there are some things we don't know what they should look like. yes Ive looked at the posting but never found anything on the rebar. I will turn key way. before I post I look up the forums first.

In other words Penn-Foster hasn't quite gotten their act together. Par for the course. Maybe your instructor can provide you with something more readable. Have you asked?

No have not asked for help on plate 2 from Penn Foster. seems like to me this forum has more knowledge and better advice. oh hey remark i'm going to post a screen shot of the Olsen village on the other post maybe that will help someone else.

remark,

trying to make the rebar. dashed line but When I try to do a dashed line it looks continuous. even if I zoom in all the way. I have changed in layers property manager. any sugestions?

Remark, How's this looking? OK so far? This has been a frustrating project. not as fun and enjoyable as the Olsen Village project.

Plate 2 door header.jpg

There are two steel columns holding up the header. Unless those columns have no width (highly unlikely) you are missing a couple of vertical lines.

Remark,

here are the instructions.

A supply entrance to the lower floor is on the building’s

south side. It’s a sliding glass door centered between

columns 3 and 4. The rough opening for the door is 12′

wide and 8′ high. Above the rough openings is a steel

I-beam header, W10 × 45. The header is placed so that

the flanges are horizontal and the web is vertical. The

height of the header is 10 1/8″.

so there is 2 flanges on each side? use the line that I have as a center line? correct?

They want you to set the bottom of the beam (header) 96" off the floor. Since the header (the W10) is seen from its side you will see four lines which represent the top and bottom edges of each of the flanges. I'm pretty sure if you read on there is a brief mention of the two columns that support the header inset from the main columns of the building. I can't check this at the moment as I am not on my CAD computer but I'm pretty sure there are images of the plate you are working on in at least one, if not more, threads re: Penn-Foster structural project.

Hi everyone. I'm new here but thank you all for being here! I'm new to drafting and working my way through the Penn Foster course. The instructors are of very little help with any question I have ever asked. I thought the confusion was just me until I stumbled across this forum. More of my questions have been answered here than you could imagine. Thank you!!!

I'm sorry to hear that the Penn-Foster instructors haven't gotten any better although P-F has made some attempts to clear up errors in various project descriptions. On the other hand I am glad to hear you have found CADTutor's Student Project Questions forum and it has been of benefit to you.

I have finished the first 2 plates for the structural drafting project but I can't download dwg files for help or feedback yet. So I will try a screen shot. I hope this works.

south elevation.jpg

plate 1.jpg