Penn Foster Drafting with AutoCad Structural help with the rebar.

Hondatek

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hondatek

• ConfusedStudent

• ReMark

• TwistedNuggz

Good, bad or indifferent? I'm really trying to do my best even though I'm not sure the diploma will be worth anything when I'm done. I'm hoping the knowledge will be sufficient.

Probably because I saw something that I like the look of for the bolt and did my best to replicate it. The keyway is spelled out pretty clearly in the directions.

Most keyways I am familiar with are wider than they are tall. The "J" bolt does not appear to have the same width throughout. Maybe it's an optical allusion.

Hmmm The instructions just say "A 2X4 keyway is centered at the top of each footing." I know a keyway is cut down into the footing but without a reference I just guessed. Thank you. I will check my widths but I hope it's an illusion. I used the offset command to do them.

I'm having trouble with plate 6. Detail D is supposed to be connection B4. According to the way I've drawn this, that would be a connection of 2 I beams. Detail D1 they are asking to show the angle and connections. But those should not be connected at B4 - should they? I'm really confused.

I'm having trouble with plate 6. Detail D is supposed to be connection B4. According to the way I've drawn this, that would be a connection of 2 I beams. Detail D1 they are asking to show the angle and connections. But those should not be connected at B4 - should they? I'm really confused.

The connection is supposed to show two C9x20 angles connected to a single W12x45 beam using clips comprised of 4x4x1/2 angles and secured with 5/8" dia. x2 1/2" lg. bolts. The W12x45 beam, in turn, connects to a W12x152 column. In other words, the instructions in this case are correct.

Take a look at this thread specifically page 13 post #125.

http://www.cadtutor.net/forum/showthread.php?64167-Structural-Drafting-With-Autocad-help-with-the-last-3-plates

Edited by ReMark

• 2 weeks later...