Change all lineweights to 0

Cidona

Dear Forum,

I am using AutoCAD 2015. I do my design in a different software (Autosprink), however I have to clean up dwg files I receive in AutoCAD prior to being able to import them.

The set of files I have at the moment have elements with various lineweights which play havok in Autosprink. Therefore I want to change all the lineweights in AutoCAD prior to bringing into Autosprink.

The files have 3D Faces, Polylines, Lines, Arcs, etc. Is there an easy way to change all the lineweights to 0, while keeping layers, etc. all the same?

Thank you for any assistance you can provide.

Thank you very much for the prompt response ReMark.

If I go into the Layer Manager, the Lineweights all show up as "0.00mm". However if I bring up the properties quite a few have "ByBlock" for the Lineweight.

I think if all the blocks have been BURST, you should just be able to SELECT > ALL and change the Lineweight of all the different types of objects via Properties Panel from *VARIES* to "BYLAYER" ( or whatever value suites your needs)

Thanks for the response nestly!

I tried typing in 'Select [Enter]', it reports 134846 found, and still has the 'Select Select object:' prompt. At this stage the Properties box reports 'Lineweight 0.00mm'. However, if I then right click (brings back the 'Type a command' prompt), and then click on an individual element; the properties box shows the Lineweight still as 'ByBlock'.

Any ideas?

Thank you SLW210. I was incorrect in describing my steps above. I did type 'Select [Enter]', it prompts 'Select Select objects:', I then type 'all [Enter]', it then reports '134846 found'. It still has the 'Select Select objects:' prompt. Even if I then go the Properties Box and change the Lineweight to 0.00mm, when I then right click to get out of the command and then select an individual element, the properties box then reports the lineweight for that element as 'ByBlock'.

Same result if I hit [Enter] again after the '134846 found' step.

It does not sound like the Selection is being completed. Does the Properties Palette say "No Selection"? It should indicate how many objects are selected. ie All (134846) When it does, any changes made in the Properties Palette should change the properties of the selected objects.

Selection.gif

The only other thing I can think of is if the objects are on locked layers, (but that should be indicated at the command line) or if 134846 is above the allowable selection set limit.

The default object limit for limit for the Properties Palette in Acad2012 is 25,000. You'll have to do it in multiple selections.

I would suggest using QSELECT to select objects by lineweight, perhaps start by selecting all objects where lineweight is not equal to 0.00mm that might be enough to get them all.

Also, for the record, I don't endorse applying object level property overrides. If you have to do it to make it compatible with your SprinkCad, then you have to do what you have to do, but IMO if you can use ByLAYER and then assign the Layer Lineweight as 0.00mm that's the standard way to do it, and the better choice.

That seems to be the problem alright nestly! Unfortunately for me it seems that some of these layers have more than 25,000 elements and they all seem to have lineweights greater than 0.00.

Ah well, at least I know what's going on. I'll do as you suggested - multiple steps, though it would seem I would have to do manual selection to not exceed the 25,0000 elements.

Thank you all very much for taking the time to help me today.

Have a great weekend all.

Best Regards!

Good to know nestly, I have a bunch of these files so I'll take any edge I can. Increasing to 32,767 will help out.

I'd image this limit could be bypassed with Lisp. Would it?