Creating crown spreads for trees

Ascerta

Hi there.

I have been reading the forums for a while but this is my first post.

I'm new to creating lisps and don't know where to start with creating what I am looking for.

Firstly,I want to be able to choose a point on a drawing (by clicking) and enter a value to draw for a stem diameter for a tree ( radius of circle in mm/m). Then using the centre point of this circle i'd like to specificy a measurement to plot a point North of this point , then specify a point south of this point in metres, then the same for East and West of that same point. I would then like a spline to join all of these points together. If a text label could be added next to the original circle that would be even better

If anyone can guide me in the right direction to typing the lisp routine up i'd be very grateful. :)

Ciaran.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for your reply. The tree canopies have to be shown as a single line and not as blocks so this isn't an option unfortunately. I just need to be able to quickly specify these points N S E W from the mid point and be able to join these points. I suppose drawing the circle isn't a problem as 'C' and typing a value is no hassle. It's just I need to save time on plotting the canopies as they are different for every tree that is plotted.

Lee I have just opened your dwg and this is what I managed to create yesterday. Thanks! I'm still not fully educated with blocks at the moment as I am half way through a Level 3 C&G course in 2D CAD.

Would I be right in saying I could use an attributes tables that when entering the block I could enter these values and the parameters read the values in this table to create the length of the stretch?

I also would like to do the similar with an attribute for entering a diameter for a circle that sits in the middle.

Thanks for your responses