Need GPS for pdf

olecarman

Hello AutoCAD friends: I am using AutoCAD 2006 Windows 7(64-bit) along with Adobe Pro X software for creating my pdf's.. Been using this setup for a couple of years now without issue. Adobe no longer gives support for Pro X other than their forum which I tried, but got no responses. So I thought I would try my fellow AutoCAD users for a semi-AutoCAD question. When I open a drawing in AutoCAD, go to print, specify Adobe as my printer as I have hundreds of times, then check the preview box and all looks great as always, then hit print. The screen pops up and asks me where to save the pdf file to and I specify the job file I wish for it to be saved in. I click save and the scan bar zips across the screen as always as if it just printed. However, the pdf never gets to my specified folder now as it has in the past. I have restarted the computer, I have actually reinstalled the software again. I even installed CutePDF writer which is a free software I have used in the past and it doesn't get the pdf to the specified job file either. So I don't think it is a software issue, but maybe I have unchecked something or deleted something by mistake, or ???? But the pdf never finds my job file.. Strange.. If you have any ideas or recommendations of how to resolve this, I would appreciate it. Or if you know of a Tech service online that I could pay to help me resolve this would work as well.. Like I said, Adobe is of no help with their software on this anymore, so I am reaching out for assistance.. Thanks

Yeah, that was one of the first things I did, but it did not show up anywhere that I could find.. So I'm wondering if somewhere between creating the pdf and actually sending it to the file folder is the glitch..

ReMark: I have to retract my last reply.. I just ran another drawing to pdf conversion, and did a search for that particular drawing on my hard drive and I now get a message "PROBLEM WITH SHORTCUT", The name that I specified to send the pdf to now says "specified file in the Target Box is not valid. Make sure the paths and file names are correct.. Weird, because the file name they have shown in this error message is the correct file name... So why did it not go there ?? Something is missing...

Did you click on any short cut icons in the save dialog to navigate to the destination folder? I have had problems similar to this issue when doing that.

I just did another drawings creating a pdf and I got this destination folder notation down in the command prompt. Automatic save to C:\Users\Kim\AppData\Local\Temp\148_1_1_2784.sv$ ...

Now this is NOT the location I specified.. So why is it going there ??

I just want to my C: drive to locate this drawing. I found \Users\Kim\ but the "AppData" is no where to be found as indicated in the address in my last reply... where is the appdata? or how do I find it or load it?? This may be my problem...

The autosave was a DWG backup, it had nothing to do with the PDF creation. Nonetheless you should be able to navigate to the appdata folders.

When it comes time to save the file do it to your Desktop. That should be easy enough to specify. If that works then the next step would be to either set up a folder on your Desktop to save to one in the ROOT directory of your hard drive such as C:/MyAcad2PDFs.

Open another drawing and went to create pdf, chose the "desktop" file with drawing name, then clicked print.. NO pdf on my desktop.. I went to search and it was searching for my drawing and an error message came up that says "missing shortcut"...

Incidentally, the "C:\Users\Kim\AppData" folder would be hidden by default. Select C:\Users\Kim in Windows Explorer, then go to the View menu and check Hidden Items.

2006 doesn't have dwg to pdf option.. You select "adobe" in the print menu as your printer to convert to a pdf.. then it ask you where to save the pdf, and you select your file. And all of that work as always. But it never finds its way to the file I told it to save to.. I tried to create the pdf directly from ADOBE instead of opening the drawing which you can do as well typically, but when I do it through Adobe, a warning comes up that it doesn't support the file type, which is weird as Adobe Pro X has AutoCAD dwg as one of the types of file types it accepts and has been working great for 2 years. So not sure why the warning.. I'm thinking now about going to a software called Bluebeam for my pdf creations and editing.. Just a shame to have invested $400.00 in Adobe Pro X for it to stop working correctly, and now no support from Adobe.. But I'm almost to the point of giving up.. Wasted to many hours trying to figure this out.. The thing that bugs me is that CutePDF writer which I downloaded doesn't seem to find the file that I specify for the pdf to be saved to either. So it may not be Adobe, but a system issue instead..

Did you click on any short cut icons in the save dialog to navigate to the destination folder? I have had problems similar to this issue when doing that.

Since you have posted twice that there are errors concerning shortcuts, can we get an answer to my question above? The only time I ever saw anything similar to this was when a co-worker had a shortcut to the desktop saved in his AutoCad drawing directory. When he went to Save As a drawing file to the desktop for easy access later, instead of navigating to the actual desktop in the directory tree, he clicked on that shortcut to the desktop. I don't remember the specific error from that incident, but it is ringing s familiar sounding bell.

Dana:

I don't think so, but I will check again to make sure..

Cool, but it is just a wild hair idea of mine anyway. It could be Windows File Explorer getting in an argument with the AutoCad Save As window.

Are you working on a network? Sometimes there are network conflicts that hide behind stuff like this.