Calculate text scale

I just wondering how people caculate this so i understand better, ex: drawing scale 1/4"=1' for 1/8" plotted text height how did we get 6? Thanks

text size.jpg

It's an even better reason to accept fate, and go metric .>) or add text and dims in your layout's
Hey, it's your fault we're Imperial in the first place.:P And, I am the master of my fate, and I will not accept it, after having gotten a good look at it. Edited by Dana W

I just wondering how people caculate this so i understand better, ex: drawing scale 1/4"=1' for 1/8" plotted text height how did we get 6? Thanks

[ATTACH=CONFIG]52479[/ATTACH]

Begs the question why you would even be using a method that by in large is obsolete? It's even too old school for me and I am the definition of old school. You should either be using annotative scaling if your text and dimensions are in model space or putting both of those entities in your layout.