Multiple lts in a drawing??? (Plan view & detail)

Hi guys,

I have a drawing of a plan at 1/8" scale and 3 detail drawings at 1/2"

Initially i set my my lts to 96 for my plans and went to my layout and changed my viewport to 1/8" and it worked beautifully. Next I did 3 detail drawings to be scaled at 1/2", well now im stuck.

I dont wanna change the lts because I have it already at 96 and if i change the lts to 24 Im afraid its gonna mess up my lts for my 1/8 plan and it would be a pain to have to change it all the time.

Does anyone know a way where I can keep the lts for my plan at 96 while changing the lts for my details at 24 without always having to change the lts each time I print (with out annotativity please)????

What do I do?

Im sorry I dont know how to use annotative, but I will learn it.:)

Remark, do you mean going to each line of my detail drawing, selecting pr and changing the lts? (Seems awfully long)

Other then using annotative, is there another way where I can keep the lts for my plan at 96 while changing the lts for my details at 24 without always having to change the lts each time I print????:(

Yes Psltscale, it can be 0 or 1, I never remember which is which, but one way it will keep the dashes the same size no matter what your viewport scale is. There's only 2 options so give it a go.

I moved your thread to the AutoCAD 2D Drafting, Object Properties & Interface Forum.

From AutoCAD HELP File...

Control Linetype Scale

You can use the same linetype at different scales by changing the linetype scale factor either globally or individually for each object.

By default, both global and individual linetype scales are set to 1.0. The smaller the scale, the more repetitions of the pattern are generated per drawing unit. For example, with a setting of 0.5, two repetitions of the pattern in the linetype definition are displayed for each drawing unit. Short line segments that cannot display one full linetype pattern are displayed as continuous. You can use a smaller linetype scale for lines that are too short to display even one dash sequence.

The Linetype Manager displays the Global Scale Factor and Current Object Scale.

•The Global Scale Factor value controls the LTSCALE system variable, which changes the linetype scale globally for both new and existing objects.

•The Current Object Scale value controls the CELTSCALE system variable, which sets the linetype scale for new objects.

The CELTSCALE value is multiplied by the LTSCALE value to get the displayed linetype scale. You can easily change linetype scales in your drawing either individually or globally.

In a layout, you can adjust the scaling of linetypes in different viewports with PSLTSCALE.

Procedure

To change the linetype scale of selected objects

1.Select the objects whose linetype scale you want to change.

2.Click Home tab Palettes panel Properties.

Alternatively, right-click one of the objects. Click Properties.

3.In the Properties palette, select Linetype Scale and enter the new value.

To set the linetype scale for new objects

1.Click Home tab Properties panel Linetype.

2.In the Linetype drop-down list, select Other.

3.In the Linetype Manager, click Show Details to expand the dialog box.

4.Enter a new value for Current Object Scale.

5.Click OK.

To change linetype scale globally

1.Click Home tab Properties panel Linetype.

2.In the Linetype Manager, click Show Details to expand the dialog box.

3.Enter a new value for Global Scale Factor.

4.Click OK.

Quick Reference

Commands

LINETYPE

Loads, sets, and modifies linetypes.

System Variables

CELTSCALE Sets the current object linetype scaling factor.

LTSCALE

PSLTSCALE Controls the linetype scaling of objects displayed in paper space viewports.

MSLTSCALE = 1

LTSCALE = 1 (some like using .5)

PSLTSCALE = 1

CANNOSCALE = (DESIRED PLOT SCALE in each viewport, set with anno scale drop down

lower right)