Millwork Draftsman

PaulMacAD89

PaulMac, good luck on your new job, most of us still run classic interface here.

MDrawings and Dana W, amazing blocks! I intend to dissect them when i get some spare time.

Someday once I have removed enough proprietary information I will share some of mine.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dana W

• ReMark

• tzframpton

• PaulMacAD89

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

most of us still run classic interface here.

That's a shame. I'm pretty sure the days of being able to use it are numbered. You have to jump through hoops to get it turned on in 2015.

My advice to anyone still using classic is learn the ribbon, embrace the ribbon, love the ribbon in all its contextual glory.

:geek:

• 3 weeks later...

Just wanted to update you guys, its been about a month and Im fitting right in here. Im learning a lot and Auto-CAD seems to be coming right back to me as if I stopped using it just yesterday. The shop drawings seem to be the easy part of my job whereas I am learning a lot more about estimating and what my company will take on from project to project. I believe more so now that the switch was definitely the right thing for me to have done. and FYI Im using AutoCAD LT 2015.

Just wanted to update you guys, its been about a month and Im fitting right in here. Im learning a lot and Auto-CAD seems to be coming right back to me as if I stopped using it just yesterday. The shop drawings seem to be the easy part of my job whereas I am learning a lot more about estimating and what my company will take on from project to project. I believe more so now that the switch was definitely the right thing for me to have done. and FYI Im using AutoCAD LT 2015.
That's good news, indeed. Don't forget to come back here any time.

• 10 months later...

I figured Id update you all I am still drafting for the same millwork company and have learned a TON.. I have just recently started bidding/won kitchen packages for my company. about 7 months ago my boss purchased a 2020 license He thought it would make putting together these packages much easier. Whereas now that I'm getting really into it I don't think that's the case. The Main Draftsman at my company doesn't really do a whole lot with dynamic blocks. But I am now able to get some use out of some of the cabinet blocks that you guys have sent months ago. Again thank you all for all the good words and encouragement.

I really like that every day is something different with this company/. I've learned a lot of estimating along the way as well. I've been writing up change orders and like stated above putting together kitchen packages. Deffinitly a good change for myself.

So early retirement for the main draftsman you step up and get his old position take the company in a new direction make even more money get to VP in a year then 2 or 3 years later everybody is callin you boss. How's that for making the most out of your post to some obscure forum about drawing lines on a piece of paper and making a living out of it. Uh can we have a ride on your yacht?