Where to download Autodesk Infrastructure Design Suite Premium 2015

OMEGA-ThundeR

Hello,

In my office we use the IDSP 2015 package. However the IT department won't give us the installation file (as a deployment) on our local network for reasons like 'It will slow down the network'.

Many ways to work around that problem, but there is just no talking to them.

It's an big company, so all IT is managed centrally, they don't have time for you and even simple questions sometimes takes days to be answered.

I like to take matters in my own hands.

Since i know the serial key and the licence server location (it's in the ABOUT section withing an Autodesk product) i could install the package myself or even create an deployment myself.

The product is installed on some stations, but not all, i like to upgrade them.

However, only the Ultimate version of the package is openly downloadable on the autodesk website. Is there a way (outside of the subscription center of which i don't own the login details) to download the PREMIUM version of the Infrastructure design suite 2015?

Firstly, for many companies (not necessarily yours), intentionally violating IT policy to 'work around them' can be considered grounds for termination... Proceed with caution.

That said, I use IDSP for daily CAD production, and manage IT for my employer; to download software associated with your subscription/contract, you need credentials for Subscription portal online. You might have these credentials already if you're assigned as Contract manager, or Software Coordinator for the applicable contract. Once in, use Downloads link at left, then click the Download Your Upgrade Now button. This will take you to another location where you can see all suites, and versions associated with your subscription contract, where you can download each via Download Manager, or browser download.

To install the software on a given client workstation, you'll obviously have to have sufficient permissions associated with your Active Directory (AD) account within the domain, or local Admin assignment. Without one or both of these credentials, you're not going to be able to install anything, even if you had credentials to download from Subscription portal.

Now, even if you get this far, just be mindful that each product activation is immediately reported to both Contract Manager, and all Software Coordinators (there can be multiple) assigned to a given contract, along with computer identification information so they can know if an activation is to be allowed, or not... Point is, you're not going to be able to any of this to completion without IT being aware, so you might do well to approach your manager and get them to be your advocate in seeking the appropriate permissions, demonstrating to your manager that you're capable, responsible, and willing to spear head CAD Admin in coordination with IT.

To approach this as IT is failing you, will ultimately fall on deaf ears - you need to be a problem solver, and contribute to your collective success.

Cheers