AutoCAD 2012 glitch switching between model and paper space.

Kuli24

Hey. I open a dwg file, scroll around in paper space, go to model space, scroll around, go back to paper space, and all of the lines are messed up. It's almost as if model space has merged with paper space and I'm looking through it. I can see exactly what I see in model space IN paper space along with the other stuff. Regen doesn't fix it. This glitch happens on every computer EXCEPT the computer the file was created on. Help is appreciated.

Thanks.

Sounds pretty weird.

How about creating a copy of the company file which is doing this,

and removing almost everything, including the title block, leave a few lines or whatever is non-proprietary

in it, so that we can kick it around a bit.

It is unlikely that the problem is in the drawing (meaning the objects in your drawing), sounds more like something in the drawing setup.

Might you have more than one viewport, for instance, where you think there is only one?

Yeah, I was going to guess there is a second viewport in paperspace maybe way bigger than the paper background, or maybe just overlapping the other viewport, and it is unlocked and activated, that is, it is made current and open to modelspace. Of course that does nothing to explain why it happens on all but one computer. That is pretty weird. Wait, wait. Are you sure, on the one computer where the drawing works, that the drawing is not another copy. Make sure you are not opening it from the most recent list on that computer, and double check the path to make sure it is not directing to a local copy or something.

Sounds pretty weird.

How about creating a copy of the company file which is doing this,

and removing almost everything, including the title block, leave a few lines or whatever is non-proprietary

in it, so that we can kick it around a bit.

It is unlikely that the problem is in the drawing (meaning the objects in your drawing), sounds more like something in the drawing setup.

Might you have more than one viewport, for instance, where you think there is only one?

I've done as you said. Feel free to have a look. Thanks.

example.dwg

Well first off all your model space geometry is on the DIM layer. Most users will have a separate layer or layers for their geometry and another one for their dimensions.

Well first off all your model space geometry is on the DIM layer. Most users will have a separate layer or layers for their geometry and another one for their dimensions.

He he. I thought someone would say that. I moved it to the dim layer and deleted the layer it used to be on because it had proprietary information.

Well, I went all through, it. zoomed, panned, moved, undo'ed made some objects, stretched, moved....

Audit

-purge

purge

Audit

Checked most of the properties.

No anomalies found.:huh:

I've done as you said. Feel free to have a look. Thanks.

Your dimensions are described in my Quick Properties as Partially Associative, presumably because one of the dimension nodes has come loose from the intended location. Try using the command DIMREASSOCIATE to wrangle them back into position, hopefully that will be of some help. Are there any major Autocad version differences coming into play here, between those experiencing this issue, and the lone individual who is not, on his machine?

Edited by Dadgad

What about showing some screen shots of what you are seeing?

What version of AutoCAD were the drawings created with originally?

I've attached a screenshot. I believe they were created with AutoCAD 2012 because that's what we're all running, but it may have originally been created with an earlier version and then modified with 2012.

highlighted problem.jpg

Look like duplicates of your model space geometry overlaid on your viewports. Maybe you have one large viewport sitting atop the smaller ones? After using QSelect to find all viewports AutoCAD says 8 found. Guess that rules this idea out.

Or could it be graphics card related?

Edited by ReMark