How to get rid of "offensive" image from my Chrome?

JD Mather

At work I need to avoid anything that even remotely might be considered offensive by anyone.

I am not really familiar with Google Chrome as this is the only site that I have to use Chrome to attach files.

How do I get rid of this link to CADTutor from Chrome.

Removing Chrome Link.png

Try hovering with the mouse pointer to the top right hand corner of the image. When you see "Don't show on this page", click on the cross and it will disappear.

Can't be too careful these days. You do a search on "turbo" but misspell it as "turban" and the next thing you know the CIA and Homeland Security are paying you a visit and inquiring about your interest in the Taliban. And don't you dare search on muslin as it is too close to Muslim.

No graphics arts majors at your college JDM?

...No graphics arts majors at your college JDM?

I am in the wrong building, wrong lab. They get away with all kinds of stuff that I would never get away with.

I'm not sure they are even from the same planet.

The Cadtutor image will be back and if a similar or same unwanted advertisement image is showing then it will show there as well. Adblock keeps those images from ever showing.

+1 for Adblock (although I use it with Firefox)

If you block them one at a time, you'll always have to see it at least once to know whether it's potentially offensive and should be blocked. I do understand that Cadtutor doesn't get any revenue when add blockers are used, so I suggest making a donation to offset the difference.

Can't be too careful these days. You do a search on "turbo" but misspell it as "turban" and the next thing you know the CIA and Homeland Security are paying you a visit and inquiring about your interest in the Taliban. And don't you dare search on muslin as it is too close to Muslim.

With my username everyone from MI5 (good afternoon gentlemen) to Mossad (shalom guys) is checking out my posts.

Don't know what they make of the ones on the disability website.

With all the acronyms we use over there for different types of medical conditions, benefits etc. they must think we are talking in code.

(eg. DWP, PIP, ESA, ESA SG, ESA WRAG, DLA, IS, CB, PWR, PC, MR, DM, LMDM, WP, WPP - and those are just a few of the benefit related ones used everyday).

Edited by nukecad

Just put a piece of black electrician's tape over that portion of your screen. Problem solved.:lol::lol::lol:

The problem arose for me because I got a virus on my machine from somewhere and had to call IT to clean it.

Suspicious folks those guys....

• 2 weeks later...