Shared Tool Palette

Gary Coghill

Hello Everyone,

I'm looking for help with a shared tool palette I've created at work.

All my object blocks are sitting in a cad drawing on my network found at:

Q:\Technical\Design\CAD Templates\AutoCAD Templates

But whenever I open AutoCAD and try to insert a block it says its not found and when I right click on any block and go to properties, the Source File for that block has reverted to:

Q:\Technical\Design\Users\Gary Coghill\New Borders

This is where I originally created blocks before moving it onto my network for everyone to have access to them.

Is there anyway I can stop CAD from changing the source file of my blocks? Right now if i do it manually when I open a drawing the blocks continue to work until I re-open CAD and the source file has changed again.

You can open the tool palette file in notepad and do a find/replace on the path string (Copy it first!).

You can also do it with XML notepad, which reveals the structure betterer...

Thanks for the reply, I've done the copy paste with notepad and thought it sorted it out. I came in today and myself and one of my colleagues are having the same problem, when we try to enter a block it keeps reverting the source file back to Q:\Technical\Design\Users\Gary Coghill\New Borders

I've tried resetting my tool pallette in Tools>Options, i've removed the file path and re added, ive moved the tool palette and tried re exporting it, ive done the notepad thing, i'm running out of things i can try.