drawing 3d object?

hamidciv

I don't understand why you would want to do that. When have you ever seen a spillway in real life that had no thickness?

OK...you asked for it.

First EXPLODE your 3D solid. Then use the CONVTOSURFACE command and select your objects. Now everything will be treated as a surface. Erase what you don't need and keep the remainder.

Edited by ReMark

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReMark

• hamidciv

• lrm

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

SolidToSurface.jpg

Here is the sequence I used.

Far left is a 3D solid while on the far right is four surfaces.

Explode the 3D solid and the result will be Regions.

Use the CONVTOSURFACE command on the regions and you'll get a whole lot of surfaces.

Carefully delete the surfaces you don't want/need and you are left with the result seen in red.

There you go. Now its your turn. Good luck.

dear remark , very thanks for spending time for me, but unfortunately my mean is not,Based on your statements finally we have one surface, while i want volume, my mean exactly

Shown at the bottom.

Thank you for your follow up answer my question2015-01-30_191313.png

dear remark if your possible , please explained about So that you draw, can you explained like above post in form step by step.

thanks very much2015-01-30_192326.png

dear remark if your possible , please explained about So that you draw, can you explained like above post in form step by step.

thanks very much[ATTACH=CONFIG]52607[/ATTACH]

I drew the face of the dam as a 2D profile using a single continuous polyline then extruded it. Then I drew the 2D profile of the spillway, again as a single continuous polyline, and extruded that as well. I could have drawn both using lines and arcs or a combination of lines, arcs, polylines and even splines then used the PressPull command to give them a width. Both methods work just as well. Pick a method that works best for you.

ReMark, I think the OP needs a single solid that represents the water so that he can use ANSYS (a finite element analysis program) to do "flow field" analysis in the spillway and flip bucket, the blue shape in your drawing. Similarly, to do a CFD ( computational fluid dynamics) analysis with Inventor you would model the void of, for example, a manifold and not the actual manifold structure.