drawing 3d object?

hamidciv

hi dear friends

:(i want drawing What I like attachments, My problem is that my body should be in a volume, in other words Should be selected with a click all my objects, how i cant create in one box , holes in form rectangle so that my object selected with one click or be Continuous.

i want draw one reservoir of dam, When the water reaches a certain level , from front hole overflow, how do this? I hope my request is clear

thanks a lot

2015-01-29_182808.png

2015-01-29_185100.png

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReMark

• hamidciv

• lrm

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

dear remark, i want model reservoir in ansys , ansys only accepted Volume which is continuously, Is shown as a continuous volume,So that with one click of the chosen. thanks

dear remark , i want only ine body Such as that shown in AutoCAD file, my geomety model should modeled in autocad , and

No communication with Ansys, i want one volume with rectangle hole in one surface ,

please your possible help me.

thanks

3DSpillway_1.jpg

How does this look? Of course I am guessing at just about everything since I do not have the benefit of your knowledge so treat this as a rough concept OK?

dear remark , do you sent object is continuous volume? if your shape that sent for me with one click selected, I mean exactly what it is.

very thanks spend your time.

Edited by hamidciv

hamidciv - A single "continuous volume" is commonly referred to in CAD as a single "solid" model. The union Boolean operation can be used to create a single solid (continuous volume) from several other solid model objects if they touch or overlap.

Are you planing to use ANSYS to do a stress analysis of the structure restraining the water (the dam - the gray volume in ReMark's model)) or a hydrostatic analysis of the forces the water generates (the blue shape), or something else?

dear remark , do you sent object is continuous volume? if your shape that sent for me with one click selected, I mean exactly what it is.

very thanks spend your time.

Everything that is color grey is a 3D solid although I did not join the individual parts yet. When I do join them using the UNION command they will become one solid object. Does that answer your question?

dear remark, i want create multiple holes in front surface, And then put spillway after hole To overflow water, i cant converted it into a solid form, because my cube consist of surface with hole, Which cant come in solid, please tell me , how do this? i cant union command because my cube Is not in form solid, if you success drawed my body please explain me.

thanks a lot

Edited by hamidciv

I created some of the objects by drawing their 2D profile then using either the Extrude or PressPull command to give them depth/height.

A surface can be converted to a solid using the Thicken command.

dear remark Unfortunately I did not answer my question, object in last post i sent, around that have Thickness, while i want only in surface that have hole contains thickness, how do this?

thanks

I do not understand your question.

My advice is to do this drawing using 3D solids and no surfaces. However, it is possible to create a hole in a 3D surface just as one would do with a solid.

dear remark ,I'm trying to do exactly the same steps that you to draw Have done, I've expressed in the following form, my body is one volume. thanks

2015-01-30_172729.png