Soooo not a very high priority question, but wth is this?

Conman875

Alright... So I noticed this a few months back cropping up whenever I opened up 2014 Civil 3D... In the window quick switch (ALT+Tab) it shows up as a square with a green Kinect looking thing with an arrow pointing into it.

WHAT.jpg

however, when I select it, all that happens is a little white box that has absolutely nothing on it and no qualities that can be selected or parameters that can be moved or changed...

whatsquare.jpg

Now, it has absolutely no effect on performance and will not even show up on screen unless I select it. SO this post is for the sole fact that I will not be able to continue on with anything as long as this little bas*ard is passively chilling in the unseen corners of my screen, not actively contributing to the overall well-being of society and my mental health. Not unlike myself, however :pirate:

I'm not even asking how to get rid of it, I just would like to know what the HECK it is... Just curious is all o:)

Thank you all!

EDIT: It does not show up in the Task Manager or Processes

Okay so I'm thinking it may be the monitoring software my company uses as everyone else seems to have it too. Although strangely enough it only pops up when CAD is running, which is what was throwing me off. :oops:

Monitoring software? So right now someone in IT sees you are on CADTutor and sends a report to your supervisor telling him/her you're goofing off? Yikes!

• 3 weeks later...
Monitoring software? So right now someone in IT sees you are on CADTutor and sends a report to your supervisor telling him/her you're goofing off? Yikes!

"He said he knew AutoCad when we hired him.. what's he doing on a tutorial site?"