I now have a speed comparison of Windows 10 vs Windows 8.1

Currahee

These are the numbers with the same hardware using Performance Benchmark software. Blue Line = Windows 10 - 01/30/2015; Red Line = Windows 8.1 - 04/27/2014

Edit: I cant read the numbers (I cant make window bigger, nor enlarge it to where the writing is legible, nor will the board allow me to post a larger image) so I will re-edit this post with the numbers if ya'll need them....but you can tell by the bottom blue percentage is significantly higher.

PerformanceTest.jpg

Edited by Currahee

• 4 weeks later...

I am debating if I want Windows 10. I have 8.1 currently, and the only withdraw is my experience when I upgraded to Vista.

Thanks for posting this.

Although I never had Vista, this upgrade should be seamless for you. Give it a try; you will not be disappointed. This Beta version I am running is very stable. The only problems I have had with it is the icons/thumbnails not previewing and the voice actuated command had some bugs. But they fixed that in the last build.

Well, now that we are "snowed" in with 4" (I know you will laugh at that coming from a southern boy..LOL) I have WAY too much time on my hands

Such terrible conditions. Well I'm not in Boston (thank God as they got 100 inches of snow so far) but there is about 12-18 inches of snow in my backyard. 4 inches? That's a dusting.:lol:

The pile of snow in front of my house, at the curb, stands about four feet high. Along my driveway it's three feet high.

Well back to the topic at hand. I intentionally skipped Windows 8 and so did the company I work for. Just not cost effective to be changing operating systems when everything is working together well. Nothing like throwing a monkey wrench into the works to get your day off to a grand start. Maybe when I upgrade (i.e. - replace) my home laptop I'll be forced to use something other than Windows 7.